Complete your Comprehensive Education Plan, it's required! Students are now required to complete a comprehensive education plan by the time you have reached the 15 degree applicable unit mark. This is a MANDATORY requirement to maintain enrollment priority.
The comprehensive education plan shows all required classes from the beginning to the end of your educational goal. Still not sure what your comprehensive education plan is, check out the sample below:
Follow the directions below to schedule an appointment to complete your Comprehensive Education Plan:
Counseling services are provided for Hartnell Students who:
- Are currently enrolled in classes.
- Are not enrolled but have a current Admissions Application on file with Admissions & Records.
- Have completed the Hartnell Orientation or provided the appropriate equivalent documentation from a previously attended college.*
- Have taken the Accuplacer Assesement Test or provided the appropriate equivalent documentation from a previously attended college.*
*Some exceptions may apply
There are 3 ways to meet with a Hartnell College Counselor:
- Express Counseling Have a quick question? There is no need to schedule an appointment. Counselors are available for 10 minute sessions through our Express Counseling located inside of the Admissions/Financial Aid Office. Students are seen on a first-come, first-serve basis. Express Counseling hours are available throughout the day, but may be subject to change. Contact the Counseling Desk at (831) 755-6820 for more information and schedule of hours.
- Individual Counseling Appointment Have more than a quick question? Do you need to develop or revise your Educational Plan? Do you need to discuss your major or complete a counseling form? Schedule an Individual Counseling Appointment! You'll have a guaranteed 45 minute session with a Hartnell Counselor. To schedule an appointment, call the Counseling Desk at (831) 755-6820 or stop by the Counseling Department located in Building B. Students may also schedule an appointment online at: http://www.hartnell.edu/online-counseling-appointments
- General Counseling questions via email. You may send an email communication to a Counselor if you have completed the following steps: 1) Hartnell College application; 2) Hartnell College Assessment test. Information on these steps is available at: http://www.hartnell.edu/registration-steps. If you are not a current Hartnell College student, please complete the Hartnell College Application and Assessment test or have unofficial transcripts available from another college. The email address to reach a General Counselor is: Counseling@Hartnell.edu (you will receive a response generally within 24 hours).
IMPORTANT: To cancel or reschedule your appointment, please call the Counseling Desk before your scheduled time. More than 2 missed appointments in a semester will require you to attend a same day counseling appointment for one semester.
APPOINTMENT SELF CHECK-IN
Don't wait in line to check-in to your scheduled appointment. Use the Self Check-In Computer located in the Counseling Department lobby.
How to Check-In:
1. Use the keyboard to enter either your Hartnell ID number or your Social Security Number and click ENTER (enter the number that you used to create your appointment). If you are using your SSN, press F9 to change the default setting to the SSN digit entry.
2. Your name will appear at the top of the screen and you will be prompted to wait for the counselor to call you back.
3. Pick up a Contact Sheet located on the Counseling Desk. Complete this form and submit it to the Counselor during your appointment.