Instructors, you are our first line of defense.
First, please follow the timeline. You need to make the request for course shells ahead of time. (or when you are notified of any “shadow courses/sections”) When a student contacts you, please follow this series of steps to help them:
- Has that course section been requested for creation in eCollege by filling out the online request form (it takes 12-24 hours to copy a course over by eCollege, once the section is created students are enrolled the next morning)?
- Is the section up in eCollege yet, and has a full day elapsed to allow for student enrollment?
- Is the student logging in correctly? Make sure the student is not using leading zeroes from their student ID in their login. (ID# 0012345 = 12345)
- Verify that a student is enrolled in eCollege by checking the Course Enrollment section under the Course Admin Tab inside the course shell.
- if the student is in the eCollege course enrollment list, and they still cannot login, then the student can reset their password by clicking the link at the bottom of the intial login page http://www.hartnell.org
- if a student is not in the roster and it has been a full day since the student has registered with A&R, to allow for enrollment into eCollege, then check your PAWS roster to make sure the student is on the class roster
- Instructors: contact James Fitch at 759-6003 for additional support.
A&R should only be called to verify a student is actually enrolled in a particular course. (quick Datatel check). Instructors should check PAWS before telling a student to call A&R to verify their enrollment status. Remember, A & R cannot help with eCollege problems.All eCollege access instructions are available on the http://www.hartnell.org page, including resetting passwords, access dates, and initial setup. Additional information can be found on the eCampus website, http://www.hartnell.edu/ecampus