Hartnell College Emergency Information: Explosion
Hartnell Emergency Information
What to do in case of Explosion
- Call Salinas Police via 8-9-1-1 (campus phones) or 9-1-1, giving your name, location and telephone number. Inform them of the situation, including time and location of the explosion, extent of damage and number of casualties, and whether there is fire, collapsed buildings or hazardous materials involved.
- If you are instructed to evacuate (the police may elect not to use fire alarms) or the need to evacuate is obvious:
- Instruct students and staff to quickly collect their possessions and proceed to assigned evacuation staging areas (at least 500 feet from buildings). Evacuation should not be unreasonably delayed by collection of personal possessions. Assist injured and persons with disabilities in evacuating area.
- Keep streets, fire lanes, hydrants, and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and crews.
- Assist emergency crews as necessary, if requested.
- Do not re-enter evacuated building until those in charge of evacuation say it is safe to do so.
- If you are a member of the College's Incident Management Team, respond to your assigned area.
- Section on "Evacuation" in this web site for more information.