Do you know if you are signed up to take the right classes? This is a flowchart of engineering and engineering support courses offered at Hartnell with their prerequisites. Consult your counselor every semester before you register for the next to make sure you are on track.
Upon successful completion of the Engineering program, a student should be able to:
• employ science and mathematical skills required for occupational needs.
• design a system, component, or process with supervision of a licensed engineer to meet desired needs.
• analyze engineering problems and make appropriate decisions with supervision of a licensed engineer.
• demonstrate appropriate technical communication skills (written, verbal and drawing).
• work effectively in a team, exercise initiative and function in a leadership role.
Who to contact
Engineering and Mathematics Instructor
Dean of Academic Affairs- Math, Science and Engineering
Sign up now for this brand new class -- coming Spring 2015!
EGN5. Programming and Problem-Solving in MATLAB (3)
Lec 2 Hrs; Lab 3 Hrs
Semesters offered: Spring
This course utilizes the MATLAB environment to provide students with a working knowledge of computer-based problem-solving methods relevant to science and engineering. It introduces the fundamentals of procedural and object-oriented programming, numerical analysis, and data structures. Examples and assignments in the course are drawn from practical applications in engineering, physics, and mathematics.