GreenPal Business Scholarship
GreenPal believes small businesses are the backbone of our country's economy.
The purpose of The GreenPal Small Business Scholarship is to assist a motivated, driven student and future business leader. GreenPal believes that the generation of today's students are the future employers of tomorrow. The future of our county will be forged by the entrepreneurial spirit of today's generation.
If you currently run a small business while attending college or have a small business idea to start while you plan to attend college, click on the link below for instructions and criteria for applying for the GreenPal scholarship.
The Drive to Learn Scholarship
Take a moment to think about your most memorable experiences - both good and bad - as a driver and/or a passenger. Whether or not you noticed it at the time, they probably helped you learn something about yourself, others, or life in general. Share your experiences with Shift Insurance and take advantage of their new scholarship opportunity!
Visit the website to learn more: www.shiftins.com/automobile/car-insurance-program.aspx
Deadline: March 1, 2014
2014 eQuality Scholarships
- Be a resident of Northern or Central California
- Graduate High School between July 1, 2009 and June 30, 2014
- Complete Community College between July 1, 2009 and June 30, 2014
- Enrolled or accepted into an accredited ADN, or BSN RN program in California; or
- Attending an accredited medical school elsewhere in the United States.
Es El Momento Scholarship
Univision has begun a scholarship called the Es El Momento Scholarship which has been available as of October 21, 2013. The Es El Momento Scholarship will be open to all students of Latino/Hispanic heritage regardless of whether they are US citizens or undocumented. The amount awarded for each scholarship is approximately $5,000.
Please have the following items available for your scholarship application:
Family Income Information
Three Essay Responses (400 to 600 words each)
Tell us about your academic/career short-term and long-term goals. How has your Hispanic heritage influenced these goals?
Describe your participation in extracurricular activities (community service, volunteer work, employment, school clubs, sports, family, church, etc.). What have you learned from your experience(s)?
Describe a recent academic challenge you have faced. Explain how you overcame it.
Electronic copy of transcript(s) (including grades through Spring and/or Summer 2013) ready for upload (official or unofficial) in .PDF or .JPG format
Please visit the website to apply: www.scholarshipaid.net/app/univision/
Deadline:November 18, 2013
- A woman with primary financial responsibility for yourself and your dependants
- Attending an undergraduate degree program or a vocational skills training program
- Have financial need
California Strawberry Scholarships
California Strawberry Scholarships available exclusively for children of strawberry farm workers who are attending a college/university, community college, or an accredited trade school as a Full-Time student. Scholarship awards start at $400 and can be renewed annually!
- High school seniors
- Continuing college students, including those in advanced studies (Master's and Doctorate degrees)
- Also individuals seeking their professional certification (teaching credential, technical program, etc.)
To apply, please go to: www.californiastrawberries.com/scholarships
Deadline: March 1, 2014
Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship Program
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation’s Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship makes it possible for the nation’s top community college students to complete their bachelor’s degrees by transferring to a four-year college or university.The Foundation provides up to $30,000 per year to each of approximately 75 deserving students selected annually, making it the largest private scholarship forÂ two-year and community college transfer students in the country.
***This scholarship program is open to international students!!!
How to Apply- The application process has changed. Please go to the following link: Apply for the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship Program
On-line Application Deadline: November 7, 2013 - by 10 am
Udall Foundation Scholarship Program
In 2014, the Udall Foundation expects to award 50 scholarships of up to $5,000 and 50 honorable mentions to sophomore and junior level college students committed to careers related to the environment, tribal public policy, or Native American health care.
Scholarships are offered in any of three categories:
- To students who have demonstrated commitment to careers related to the environment including policy, engineering, science, education, urban planning and renewal, business, health, justice, economics, and other related fields; or
- To Native American and Alaska Native students who have demonstrated commitment to careers related to tribal public policy, including fields related to tribal sovereignty, tribal governance, tribal law, Native American education, Native American justice, natural resource management, cultural preservation and revitalization, Native American economic development, and other areas affecting Native American communities; or
- To Native American and Alaska Native students who have demonstrated commitment to careers related to Native health care, including health care administration, social work, medicine, dentistry, counseling, and research into health conditions affecting Native American communities, and other related fields.
Campus Deadline: February 21, 2014
2013 All-USA Community College Academic Team
The All-USA Community College Academic Team recognizes high achieving two-year college students who demonstrate academic excellence and intellectual rigor combined with leadership and service that extends their education beyond the classroom to benefit society. Twenty team members are named annually with each receiving a $2,500 scholarship, a total of $50,000 in scholarship awards. In addition to scholarships, team members are featured in the USA TODAY newspaper and presented at the annual President’s Breakfast held during the American Association of Community Colleges Annual Convention.
Outstanding academic rigor and grade point average; participation in honors programs; awards, honors, and recognition for academic achievement, and service to the college and community will all be taken into consideration by the committee in order to nominate two students from Hartnell College.
In addition, the focal point of the application is the essay. This should center around one endeavor undertaken by the student that utilized his or her community college education to improve his or her community or school. Judges look for innovative, creative, original and lasting achievements or undertakings.
Campus Deadline for the Online Application: November 22, 2013
Enrollment Key: MjI3MzU33368
2014 Bruce Church Educational Foundation Scholarship
The Burce Church Ed. Foundation awards scholarships in the range of $500-$5,000 to deserving students who are interested in studying and preparing for a career in the field Agriculture. Agriculture disciplines include: Ag. Business, Agronomy, Horticulture, Entomology, Plant Pathology, Food Science and Safety, etc. Students from the Salinas and Pajaro Valleys will be given first priority.
- 2.5 GPA
- Must be an Agriculture, or related, major
- Be actively involved in school and/or community activities
Deadline: April 1, 2014
Dorothy C. Wisner Scholarship Fund
This scholarship fund was established in memory of Dorothy C. Wisner, a charter member from Yuba City, California. It was established in order to help California women currently enrolled in an undergraduate program in the broad field of medicine.
- Must be a female high school graduate
- California Resident
- Enrolled in a higher education institution in the USA
- Have an undergraduate major in the field of medicine
To request an application, please visit the website: www.peocalifornia.org/dlwrgw-public-page-no-menu.html
Application time period: September 1, 2013 - January 10, 2014
Dan Franscioni Scholarship Fund 2014
This scholarship was established in memory of Danny and Rena Frascioni. Danny was a star athlete at Gonzales High School, became a pilot and a well-respected farmer in the Salinas Valley. Danny was an extreme and passionate man who lived life to the fullest but he was also a very loving, generous and caring person who showed everyone the living definition of what it takes to be a "truly good guy." Rena was Danny's beloved godmother and a lifelong resident of Gonzales. She was well known in the Salinas Valley for her baked goods and her giving and caring nature.
Gonzales High School graduate
Minimum 2.0 GPA
Active member, in good standing, with the Gonzales High School FFA
Click here for more information and application
Deadline: January 17, 2014
Email a PDF copy of application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Critical Systems Inc. Breakthrough Technology Scholarship
A $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to students who write an essay on their motivation to pursue an engineering degree in their chosen area.
Visit website for more information: www.criticalsystemsinc.com/scholarships
Deadlines: July 30th & October 31st
Veterans United Foundation Scholarship
This scholarship program aims to assist military service members and their families by awarding five bi-annual $2,000 scholarships to help pay for tuition and books. Potential applicants must be pursuing a post-secondary degree at an accredited college or university and have a connection to the military by being one of the following:
- Active-duty service member
- Spouse of military member or veteran
- Surviving spouse of a fallen soldier
- Child of a military member or veteran
Please visit the website for more information on how to apply:
Fall Deadline: October 1st thru 31st
Spring Deadline: April 1st thru 30th