Full-time employees at Hartnell College are provided health insurance through the Monterey County Schools Insurance Group (MCSIG). The District has designated the MCSIG PPO $25 (formerly called Option III) as its "Base" plan. The District pays 100% of the premium for the base plan for its full-time employees and 95% of the premium for eligible dependents. Employees may elect plans other than the base plan, as is explained in the “District Benefits Overview” document.
Hartnell’s health benefits progam is designed to emphasize wellness and preventative care, and includes:
- 24-hour, on-call physician services through TelaDoc (or Download the Mobile App)
- Medical coverage through Anthem Blue Cross (an 80/20 plan)
- Optional Medical Surgical Benefit through BridgeHealth.
- Prescription coverage through Express Scripts
- Dental insurance through Delta Dental (medium plan with orthodontia)
- Vision insurance through VSP (medium plan)
- Epic Hearing Health Care
- Behavioral Health and Employee Assistance through MHN, a Health Net Company
- Wellness Incentive Programs: Fitness Center Discounts, Healthy Weight Incentive, & more!
- Section 125 plan
- Life Insurance coverage from Prudential Financial (employees only)
- Long-term disability income plan through UNUM (employees only)
- Accidental death and dismemberment coverage (employees only)
2013/14 MCSIG Medical Rates
2013/14 MCSIG Dental & Vision Rates
2013/14 Base Plan/Sect 125 Calculation (Mid-year, eff. July 1, 2013)