Using a word processing program, create a file containing your name and then list your answers to the following questions. Run a spell check, then upload your file to the e-College Week One drop box.
Access the Hartnell Library web page at http://old-www.hartnell.edu/library, then click the link to open the online catalog.
- Select "Basic Search" and look for books by Bill Gates . List the title of one book by this author that the library owns.
- What is the call number for this book? Where in the library is this book located? What is the "status" of this book? List the publication information: publisher, city of publication and publication date for this book.
- Still using "Basic Search", search for the subject heading: information technology . Provide the author and title for one book you found.
- Search by "Keyword" for the keyword phrase "stem cell research ". Put quotation marks around these words to indicate a phrase search. How many titles did the online catalog list? Provide the author and title for one book you found.
- Click the Combination Search tab. Do a Combination Search and look for books about nuclear and physics, putting each word in a separate box on the combination search screen display. List the author and title for one book you found on this subject.
Web Author: Jennifer Lagier Fellguth
Copyright ©2007 by Jennifer Lagier Fellguth- ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Please report any broken links to email@example.com