Apply for MESA
Scholarships & Internships
Frequently Asked Questions
Mesa Statewide Website
MESA (Mathematics-Engineering-Science-Achievement) CCCP, part of the MESA Undergraduate Program, provides support to community college students who are majoring in math or science so they excel academically and transfer to four-year institutions.
MESA CCCP is based on a rigorous academic program that uses various components to support their students. The programs components help build an academically based peer community to provide mutual student support and motivation.
The program has resulted in outstanding results, providing a diverse pool of transfer-ready students who are prepared to excel as math, engineering and science majors. MESA CCCP's rigorous academics, leadership preparation, and collaborative problem-solving training have helped produce transfer students who graduate as part of the high-tech workforce that is so urgently needed by industry.
The main components of the MESA CCCP include:
- Student Study Center, a dedicated multipurpose space for study, workshops and information sharing.
- Academic Excellence Workshops where students are scheduled in the same core math and science classes and taught how to maintain high academic outcomes through group study.
- Orientation courses that teach college survival skills to incoming students majoring in math, engineering and science.
- Assistance in the transfer process including field trips to universities, workshops on applications and counseling.
- Career advising to introduce work options to students. Field trips, job fair information, job shadowing exercises, and industry mentors are available to students.
- Links with student and professional organizations which provide mentors, guest speakers and offer industry tours.
- Professional development workshops that include mock job fairs, resume preparation, interview skills, how to find part-time, full-time and summer employment.
- Industry Advisory Board, a valuable connection between students and the industry leaders who may later hire them. The board provides scholarships, strategic planning, special summer internships, field trips and other resources.
Visita La Misión de MESA