> Home > Shared_governance > Committees > Resources > Minutes_view

Resource and Allocation Committee

Print View Resource and Allocation Committee Minutes
Hartnell College Board Room - 411 Central Salinas, CA
December 1, 2008 at 4:00PM
I.Chair(s)

Ann Wright
Phoebe Helm
II.Attendee(s)

Ann Wright, Phoebe Helm, Kelly Locke, Margie Wiebusch, Armando Cortes (Gina Rauchenstein resigned as ASHC president, Armando Cortes is the new ASHC president for the remainder of 2008-2009 academic year
III.Guest(s)

None
IV.Supporter(s)

Rachell Summers
V.Adjournment

5:00 p.m.

Agenda #1

Topic:Report from Joint Meeting of President\\\'s Cabinet/Reorganization Committee, 11/27/2008
Presenter:Kelly Locke
Summary of Agenda Item:Kelly Locke said that positive things came out of the joint meeting. Futher meetings would be useful to continue to clarify reorganization status.
Action(s) required:N/A
Responsibilites:N/A
Deadline(s):N/A

Agenda #2

Topic:Budget Update
Presenter:General discussion
Summary of Agenda Item:There was general discussion about the budget and how RAC will continue to evaluate the Resource Allocation according to the Reorganization plan and if there are budget reductions, then allocations will be re-evaluated. Having a multi-year budget will help with this evaluation each year and adjustments can be made.

The budge development will be made undere the 2020 plan, with the projected growth that is anticipated.

It was discussed that trust can be gained in the Hartnell community by providing information. RAC will honor confidentiality, but not be secretive.
Action(s) required:N/A
Responsibilites:N/A
Deadline(s):N/A

Agenda #3

Topic:Misc. Information
Presenter:Phoebe Helm
Summary of Agenda Item:Phoebe Helm added to the agenda the following information:

1. The Administrators will be going to the Chancellor's Office in Sacramento on December 3, 4, 2008. They will be all driving in the Hartnell AG van. One of the purposes of this trip is rapport building. There will be a reception hosted by Hartnell which will allow a chance for Hartnell to get to know Chancellor's office counterpart/support for each Administrator's area. There will also be opportunities for Hartnell to sit in on workshops/meetings during the day.

Phoebe also reported that on December 15, 16, 2008, the MISA group will be conducting a retreat for Administrative training for President's Cabinet members, which will be held locally.
Action(s) required:N/A
Responsibilites:N/A
Deadline(s):N/A

Agenda #4

Topic:Scheduling Future Meetings
Presenter:Ann Wright
Summary of Agenda Item:There was discussion about future meetings and whether another day/time would help to have better attendance. It was decided that meeting on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays from 3:00 - 5:00 p.m. of each month would be more convenient for members.

This new meeting schedule will begin in February, with the first meeting on February 11, 2009.
Action(s) required:N/A
Responsibilites:Rachell Summers, to send out meeting reminders
Deadline(s):2/11/2009