All TRiO students must follow our Student Responsibility Contract to participate in the program.
- Academic Counseling: Three counselor contacts are required for each semester.
- Orientation: Attend a one time, mandatory new student orientation.
- Education Plan: Complete and maintain a current four semester educational plan.
- Midterm Progress Report: This form is sent to all TRiO students in the middle of the semester. Instructors need to complete the form. When completed, submit to the TRiO office.
- Priority Registration: For each semester, TRiO students are given advanced dates to register for classes.
- New Students: New students must be full time (12 or more units). Students can be admitted and maintained in the program with less than full time status upon the TRiO Director's approval.
- Academic Progress: TRiO students are expected to maintain a grade point average of “C” (2.0) or better.
Students who do not meet the responsibilities every semester will receive less services or be withdrawn from the program.
Once a student completes 70 degree applicable units or 6 consecutive semesters, they are no longer eligible for TRiO services.
High Unit Majors: Students will continue in the program beyond 70 units when their majors are: RN= 128.25 units; Engineering Technology=108 units;and Engineering=98 units
Tips to Remain in Good Standing with TRiO:
- Take advantage of any Student Services available on campus
- Meet with your TRiO counselor at least twice per semester
- Contact your TRiO Peer Advisor regularly
- Attend the mandatory TUTORIAL sessions with the TRiO tutors.
- Turn in your completed Progress Reports on time (Progress Report Forms can be downloaded from this web site.)
- Let TRiO counselors know if there are any changes in your academic schedule
- Follow the Hartnell College Academic Honor Code
- Notify TRiO staff of address or phone number changes
We will work with you - Our goal is to make a college education accessible to students!