Apply for Hartnell College's Summer Undergraduate Math & Science (SUMS) Program
June 21st to July 23rd, 2010
DEADLINE: March 12th, 2010
The SUMS (Summer Undergraduate Math & Science) Program is a high school to college bridge experience designed to provide students with the opportunity to explore math and science through exciting, inquiry based activities, field trips, and career explorations. Learn more about the program by meeting former participants as they visit your school!
SUMS is supported by a grant from the National Science Foundation Science Talent Expansion. Our goal is to increase the number of women and Latino Hartnell students who pursue degrees in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
|SUMS participants will receive the
• Earn at least $1,200 in stipend.
• Earn at least two college credits
• Participate in hands-on math & science experiments and excursions
• Become familiar with Hartnell’s environment and support services
• Interact with local scientists and inquire about their research
• Work with enthusiastic faculty from
Hartnell and local universities
|Selected participants must:
• Participate each day of the summer program, including the few events scheduled on the weekends and evenings
• Contribute to group discussions, explorations and projects
• Be eager to explore diverse fields of math & science
• Volunteer in events that promote math & science to other students