Frequently Asked Questions

An educational plan is an outline of a student’s course of study, which leads to completing school. Once you understand the requirements for your educational goal(s), then you can make the best of your time as a student. Education plans also connect with career planning, which counselors are available to assist students in exploring.

Mid Term Progress reports are a useful tool for students. They allow students to check their progress in each class. If a student shows below satisfactory progress (D or F grade), they will meet with a counselor to review any issues affecting their academic performance.   

You can qualify and participate in TRiO at any time while you are a student at Hartnell, as long as you meet the requirements listed above.

You need to be a full time student in the first semester. After the first semester, there is some flexibility in the unit requirement. DSPS students have a lower unit requirement.

You need to have a completed file with Financial Aid or be eligible to receive the BOGW (Board of Governor’s Fee Waiver) to participate in TRiO. Visit or call the office for more details.

Students qualify for TRiO services until they complete 70 degree applicable units or participate in six consecutive semesters in the program (whichever comes first). Students with high unit majors can continue in the program with more units completed: RN=128.25; Engineering Technology=108; and Engineering=98.

To receive services, you must complete an TRiO orientation.  Orientations are offered before every semester (Fall and Spring). Check with the TRiO office for upcoming Orientation dates and times.

You do not need to enroll in TRiO each semester. As long as you follow the Student Responsibility Contract every semester, you will continue to receive TRiO services. Make sure you complete the FAFSA for each school year.

Trio is a fun time!

Any current TRiO student who follows the Student Responsibility Contract can use the TRiO Lending Library during the Fall and Spring semesters.