Sixth Grade students will
- Become familiar with planetary characteristics.
- Recognize that phenomena such as gravity, light and temperature occur in measurable amounts on most celestial bodies throughout our Solar System and vary from planet to planet according to distance from sun, mass, atmosphere, etc.
- Determine composition of atmosphere using spectroscopes and spectral tubes.
- Determine relative brightness of Sun using a light source and rheostat.
- Engineer and construct a spacecraft.
- Determine relative brightness of Sun.
- Design a system to make ice cream using liquid nitrogen.
- Make ice cream with liquid nitrogen.
- Design and create a travel brochure for an object in the Solar System