The Application Process -- Superintendent/President of Hartnell College
To ensure full consideration, qualified candidates must submit:
- Letter of Application (described below)
- Current Résumé
- Professional References
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Diversity Statement
- In a Letter of Application, not to exceed five (5) pages, a candidate will succinctly state how she or he would address the Opportunities, Challenges, and Issues at Hartnell College. Candidates should cite specific examples from background and experience to demonstrate knowledge and expertise necessary for this position. The letter of application should indicate to what extent personal qualities and professional characteristics and skills match the preferred qualifications sought for this position.
- A Current Resume that lists all previous related work experience, including position titles, employing institutions, dates of employment, and names of supervisors; all educational institutions attended, degrees awarded, and significant activities and honors attained; and other items normally found on a resume, such as publications, organizations, and service activities.
- Professional References must be provided. Preferably, references are to be from current and former institutions.
References will not be contacted without a candidate’s permission. Candidates must
provide 7 professional references which include the name, telephone number, and e-mail
address for each of the following:
- 1 supervisor;
- 1 management level colleague;
- 1 reporting support staff member;
- 2 faculty members;
- 1 student leader; and
- 1 community member.
- Unofficial transcripts are needed at this stage, but any offer of employment will be contingent on receipt of official transcripts from colleges or universities accredited by a regional accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education. Transcripts from foreign colleges or universities must be evaluated by a member organization of the National Association of Credential Evaluations Services (NACES) www.naces.org.
- Diversity Statement: Provide a one-page statement about yourself that specifically demonstrates sensitivity to the needs of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and the community at large.
- Important: To ensure consistency and fairness to all candidates, please do not submit materials other than those requested (i.e., personal photo, articles you’ve written, etc.). Please only upload requested documents using respective document name labels. Uploading extraneous materials, unless specifically requested within this posting, may result in your application not being reviewed.
Application Deadline and Submission Guidance
Only complete applications will be reviewed following the deadline date.
All inquiries and applications will be held in the strictest confidence.
Note that correspondence may be sent to you via e-mail. Interview invitations will be via personal phone calls.
Candidates selected as finalists for this position will be asked to participate in a public college forum as part of the search process.
Equal Employment Opportunities
It is the District’s policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunity, and are not subjected to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identity, race, color, ancestry, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, parental status, citizenship or because an individual is perceived to have one or more of these characteristics or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
Contact the District’s Office of Human Resources and Equal Employment Opportunity if you need any special accommodations to complete the application process by calling 831-755-6706 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information
PPL, Inc., is pleased to have been selected to assist the College in this important search and selection process. Any questions or confidential inquiries you or others might have about the Hartnell Community College District, or the Hartnell College Superintendent/President position may be directed to either of the following:
- PPL Consultant Robert Griffin, email@example.com, (408) 616-9282
- PPL Consultant Pam Walker, firstname.lastname@example.org (916) 768-8565