Welcome to Hartnell's Education Centers in Castroville, Soledad and King City
During the Spring 2022 semester, which started Jan. 24, Hartnell College has begun offering its first-ever classes at the new Castroville Education Center. We also offer in-person classes at the new Soledad Education Center and the newly reopened King City Education Center, which has doubled in size thanks to an expansion.
All three centers are state-of-the-art learning facilities conveniently located to serve students from up and down the Salinas Valley, from Moss Landing to San Ardo. Many classes are offered in the evening.
Their welcoming staffs are eager to help you begin or continue your studies at Hartnell!
Visit the Castroville center, 10241 Tembladera St. (facing Merritt Street between Mead and Washington), from 4-7 p.m. Monday and Wednesday and 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday.
Visit the King City and Soledad centers from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays, or check out our 3-D VIRTUAL TOURS.
Study areas are open in King City, 211 N. 2nd Ave., from 8 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday. Study areas in Soledad, 1505 Metz Road, are open from 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Visit the links below, click on the "walking" figure and use the red and yellow dots as a guide:
Castroville virtual tour coming soon!
All three centers have fully-equipped wet and dry science labs (pictured above, Soledad at left) and tutoring centers called the Panther Learning Lab. All have a Community Room for local organizations to reserve for meetings and events. They are beautifully designed buildings with lots of natural light, outdoor seating and solar panels to provide electricity.
Go to the Soledad Education Center webpage to learn more or call the staff there at (831) 759-6051.
Go to the King City Education Center webpage to learn more or call the staff there at (831) 386-7101.
Coming soon -- Castroville Education Center webpage. For more information, contact (831) 755-6960 or email email@example.com.
Visit the coronavirus page to learn about Hartnell's safety and prevention strategies.
Visit the registration steps page to begin your application to Hartnell. For further assistance, call Admissions & Records at 831-755-6711.
Course numbers begin with three capital letters, such as ADJ-5-6049. Hybrid courses are those that are taught partly online and partly in-person.
CASTROVILLE Education Center Classes -- SPRING 2022
More classes coming in Summer and Fall 2022!
- Introduction to Photography (6-9:10 p.m. Monday; PHO 1)
- American Political Institutions (6-9:10 p.m. Tuesday; POL 1)
- The Science of Chemistry (6-9:10 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday; CHM 22)
- Ethics (6-9:10 p.m. Thursday; PHL 1)
Soledad Education Center Classes -- SPRING 2022
- Concepts of Criminal Law (6-9:10 p.m. Tuesday, ADJ 6043)
- Art Appreciation (6-9:10 p.m. Thursday, ART 6044)
- Introduction to Astronomy (6-9:10 p.m. Monday, AST 6045)
- Human Anatomy (9 a.m.-12:10 p.m., BIO 6024)
- Introductory Physiology (9 a.m.-12:10 p.m. Thursday, BIO 6037)
- Student Success Seminar (9-11:50 a.m. Monday, COU 6029)
- Child, Family, School & Community Relations (2:40-4:05 p.m. Monday-Wednesday, ECE 6004)
- Introduction to Curriculum (4:20-5:45 p.m. Tuesday,ECE 6005)
- Teaching in a Diverse Society (6-9:10 p.m. Thursday, ECE 6050)
- Introduction to Education in a Changing World (2:40-4:10 p.m. Tuesday, EDU 9447)
- Intensive College Composition & Reading (9 a.m.-12:10 p.m. Wednesdady, ENG 1AX 6015)
- Critical Thinking & Writing (12-3:10 p.m. Thursday, ENG 6020)
- Beginning English as a Second Language: Speaking & Listening (6-9 p.m. Monday, ESL 9462)
- High-Beginning ESL: Speaking & Listening (6-9 p.m. Tuesday, ESL 9464)
- Beginning ESL: Reading & Writing (6-9 p.m. Thursday, ESL 9463)
- High-Beginning ESL: Reading & Writing (6-9 p.m. Thursday, ESL 9465)
- Elementary Statistics (9-11:05 a.m. Tuesday-Thursday, MAT 6036)
- Elementary Statistics (6-8:05 p.m. Monday-Wednesday, MAT 6038)
- Pre-Calculus (3:40-5:45 p.m. Monday-Wednesday, MAT 6051)
- General Psychology (2:40-4:05 p.m. Tuesday, PSY 6040)
- Developmental Psychology: Lifespan (6-9:10 p.m. Thursday, PSY 6039)
- Introduction to Social Problems (2:40-5:50 p.m. Wednesday, SOC 6012)
- Introduction to Theatre (6-7:25 p.m. Monday, TAC 9444)
- Children’s Theatre (4:30-5:55 p.m. Monday, TAC 9443)
King City Education Center Classes -- SPRING 2021
- Science of Chemistry Lab & Lecture (CHM 6025) 5-8 p.m. Thursday (4)
- Elementary Statistics (MAT 6026) 11 a.m.-1:05 p.m. Monday-Wednesday (4)
- Oceanography (OCN 6027) 9-11:50 a.m. Wednesday (3)
- Intermediate Algebra (MAT 6034) 8-10:25 a.m. Monday-Wednesday (5)
- Geography & World Affairs: 2:40-5:50 p.m. Thursday (hybrid) (3)
- A Regional Approach (GEG 9440)
- Human Biology (BIO 6023) 9-10:25 a.m. Tuesday (hybrid) (3)
- Survey of Chemistry & Physics Lecture (PHY 9442) 2:40-5:50 p.m. Tuesday (4)
- Survey of Chemistry & Physics Lab (PHY 9442) 6-9:50 p.m. Tuesday (4)
- Intensive College Composition 6-8:35 p.m. Monday-Wednesday (4)
& Reading (ENG 6018)
- College Literature & Composition 6-7:30 p.m. Monday-Wednesday (3)
- College Composition & Reading 2-4:50 p.m. Monday-Wednesday (3)
- College Composition & Reading (ENG 6017) 9-11:50 a.m. Tuesday-Thursday (3)
- Elementary Spanish (SPA 6022) 6-8:35 p.m. Tuesday- Thursday (GON) (5)
- Elementary Spanish (SPA 6021) 6-8:35 p.m. Monday-Wednesday (5)
- Diesel Engine Rebuild (ADT 6052) 6-9:10 p.m. Monday-Wednesday (GHS) (4)
- Introduction to Photography (PHO 6008) 9:00 a.m.-12:10 p.m. Saturday (3)
- Ethnic Music in the United States (MUS 6032) 6-9:10 p.m. Tuesday (3)
- United States History B (HIS 6007) 6-9:10 p.m. Wednesday (3)
- Chicano Culture (ETH 711) 6-9:10 p.m. Monday (3)
- American Political Institutions (POL 6009) 9 a.m.-12:10 p.m. Friday (3)
- General Psychology (PSY 6011) 6-9:10 p.m. Tuesday (3)
- Student Skills for Success: Career 6:15-7:45 p.m. Wednesday (hybrid) (3)
Development (COU 6041)