All EOPS and CARE students must follow our Mutual Responsibility Contract to participate in the program:
- Orientation: Attend a one time, mandatory new student orientation.
- Academic Counseling: Two counselor contacts are required for each semester.
- Education Plan: Complete and maintain a current four semester educational plan.
- Midterm Progress Report: This form is sent to all EOPS/CARE students during mid-semester. Instructors need to complete the form. When completed, submit to the EOPS office.
- Priority Registration: For each semester, EOPS/CARE students are given a priority registration day.
Tips to Remain in Good Standing with EOPS/CARE:
Students who do not meet the responsibilities every semester will be placed on probation or be withdrawn from the program.
Once a student completes 70 degree applicable units or 6 consecutive semesters, they are no longer eligible for EOPS/CARE services. Exceptions may apply for students enrolled in high unit majors, ex: RN, LVN (See the EOPS office for a full list of high unit majors.
- Take advantage of any Student Services available on campus
- Meet with your EOPS/CARE counselor twice per semester
- Contact your Peer Advisor regularly
- Turn in your completed Progress Reports on time (Progress Report forms are emailed to all EOPS/CARE students)
- Let EOPS/CARE counselors know if there are any changes in your academic schedule
- Follow the Hartnell College Academic Honor Code
- Notify EOPS/CARE staff of address or phone number changes
- Consistently check your Hartnell gmail accounts for information on events and deadlines.
We will work with you - Our goal is to make a college education accessible to students.