> Home > Shared_governance > Committees > Technology > Minutes_view

Technology, Human Resources and Facilities Planning

Print View Technology, Human Resources and Facilities Planning Minutes
Hartnell College Library, FRC Training Room L116
October 27, 2010 at 3:00PM
I.Chair(s)

Gary Hughes (Chair)
Terri Pyer (Co-Chair)
II.Attendee(s)

Bruce Brandt, Dr. Brooke Haag, Steve Otero, Eric Price, Bill Rawson, Joanna Romero (Student Rep.).

Absent: Tony Anderson, Barbara Durham (Medical Leave), Neil Ledford, Dan Perez, Joseph Reyes (Bond Mtg.), Danny Teresa, Ron Waddy
III.Guest(s)

n/a
IV.Supporter(s)

Joanne Pleak
V.Adjournment

4;30 p.m.

Agenda #1

Topic:Approval of Minutes
Presenter:
Summary of Agenda Item:A motion was made by Eric Price, seconded by Bill Rawson to approve minutes from 4/14/10.
A motion was made by Eric Price, seconded by Bill Rawson to approve minutes from 8/25/10.
A motion was made by Bill Rawson, seconded by Eric Price to approve minutes from 9/8/10.
All motions passed unanimously.
Action(s) required:
Responsibilites:
Deadline(s):

Agenda #2

Topic:Generator Fencing
Presenter:
Summary of Agenda Item:A follow up discussion regarding a generator in the corner of the Technology building/Parking Garage is a safety issue for some faculty who teach in the vicinity. A discussion with Joseph Reyes and thoughts on how to fund this project will be discussed at the next meeting on what actions to take. Action: Look for funding
Action(s) required:
Responsibilites:
Deadline(s):

Agenda #3

Topic:CALL Building/Nursing area
Presenter:
Summary of Agenda Item:A follow up discussion regarding the women's restroom sensor was resolved by fixing the mechanism that triggers the light.
Action(s) required:
Responsibilites:
Deadline(s):

Agenda #4

Topic:Sub-Committee Memberships
Presenter:
Summary of Agenda Item:Terri Pyer would like to invite faculty/staff to volunteer for the Human Resources Benefits Sub-Committee which will meet the first and third Thursdays at 1:00 p.m. The first meeting will be held on November 4, 2010 @ 1:00 p.m. in the FRC Training Room L116. RAC will be reporting staffing issues as well to this committee. Gary Hughes reaffirmed to populate and work together this academic year to get volunteers for the Human Resources Benefits Sub-Committee, Technology Sub-Committee, and Facilities Planning Sub-Committee. Each committee will meet separately. An email will be sent to all seeking volunteers for these three sub-committees. For the Facilities Planning Committee, one focus that needs to be done is to better define space inventory.
A motion was made by Gary Hughes, seconded by Terri Pyer to continue and populate the THRFR sub-committees.
Action(s) required:
Responsibilites:
Deadline(s):

Agenda #5

Topic:Committee Focus
Presenter:
Summary of Agenda Item:Gary Hughes presented a list of action items and one item to update the Technology Plan. We are two years away from our Accreditation Plan. We will leave this as an, "Open Action Item."
Action(s) required:
Responsibilites:
Deadline(s):

Agenda #6

Topic:Text Messaging (Alert U/Twitter)
Presenter:
Summary of Agenda Item:Alert U is not really used on campus and not sure on where to go with this. We need to talk to A & R and Mercedes Quintero, Student Life Coordinator. Contract was renewed but didn't test it last year at all. Terri Pyer did say that Alert U was for emergency purposes only. Gary would like to have students get a pulse of what makes sense for them to use. Joanna Romero, Student Representative at the meeting was asked to talk to the students so the committee can have further discussion.
Action(s) required:
Responsibilites:
Deadline(s):

Agenda #7

Topic:Report on Alisal Campus
Presenter:
Summary of Agenda Item:Steve Otero reported on Alisal Campus and what projects are outstanding.
* Identify staff who will be housed in the buidling.
* Equipment / Furniture / Phones
* C - Building - outstanding is flooring, electrical, switches, network drops and about 300 computers that need to be installed.

Gary Hughes said there will be podium; a sound system; wireless carts (30 laptops). The goal is to have ready by January 24, 2011.
Action(s) required:
Responsibilites:
Deadline(s):

Agenda #8

Topic:College Center
Presenter:
Summary of Agenda Item:* Central work area complete.
* Students have concern over storage.
* Student area (four conference rooms with hi-speed hi-fi wireless; faculty lounge, projector/sound systems; DVD, laptop projector).
* Plasmas

Gary Hughes will work with Mercedes Quintero to find out where things go and talk to Joseph Reyes where furniture will be going. Bruce Brandt will handle phones once furniture replacement is done. All phones will be voice over IP (Voice messaging application that are transported via internet)
Action(s) required:
Responsibilites:
Deadline(s):

Agenda #9

Topic:Technology Building
Presenter:
Summary of Agenda Item:When the Technology Building goes down it will be when the Child Development Center is scheduled to be closed.
Action(s) required:
Responsibilites:
Deadline(s):

Agenda #10

Topic:Grant
Presenter:
Summary of Agenda Item:Gary reported that they are working on a Technology Improvement Grant worth $8 million, which will help upgade the Science/Mathematics area and some of our classrooms.
Action(s) required:
Responsibilites:
Deadline(s):

Agenda #11

Topic:New Science Building
Presenter:
Summary of Agenda Item:A follow up discussion regarding the women's restroom sensor was resolved by fixing the mechanism that triggers the light.
Action(s) required:
Responsibilites:
Deadline(s):

Agenda #12

Topic:Adjournment and Next Meeting
Presenter:
Summary of Agenda Item:The meeting was adjourned at 4:30 p.m. The next meeting scheduled will be on November 10, 2010.
Action(s) required:
Responsibilites:
Deadline(s):