The Ag Business and Technology Institute will award up to thirty scholarships
at $1,000 each to incoming students majoring in:
Coming in Spring 2010:
- Prospective students must be eligible to enter Hartnell College as a full-time student.
- Scholarships are available to students planning to major in any of the areas of study under the Agricul-tural Business and Technology Institute, which includes Agriculture Business, Agriculture Production, Ag & Industrial Technology, Diesel Technology, Food Safety, Pest Management or Welding Technology.
- Students awarded scholarships in this program must enroll in a minimum of 9 units and register in at least one class each semester in the selected major area of agriculture.
- Students should have a cumulative GPA in their high school of 2.7 or higher.
- Students awarded scholarship must continue to maintain enrollment in at least one of the major courses for duration of the period in which the scholarship is awarded.
- Students must meet with the agriculture counselor or faculty member at least once each semester to develop and update his or her education plan.
- Students should be recommended by a current or previous teacher, counselor, or other appropriate school employee for the scholarship.
- Students must apply by completing a Hartnell scholarship application for incoming students which includes writing a personal statement.
- Applications are due on May 12, 2010.
- All applications will be reviewed and selections made by the Agricultural Business and Technology Institute Scholarship Selection Committee.
- Scholarship will be awarded based on the student’s career objective, educational goals, and motivation to complete the chosen program.
Questions: Neil Ledford, Program Leader, at (831) 755-6941 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Cristina Westfall, Administrative Assistant, at (831) 755-6879 or cwestfall@.