How to Locate and Read eBooks in the Hartnell College Library
eBooks are electronic versions of printed books.
- Search the Hartnell College Library Online Catalog by author, title, keyword or subject.
- eBooks may be identified in the catalog by
the following characteristics:
1. After an item title [electronic resource] is stated
2. Library location will be "Online"
3. Item call number will usually include an "eb" (for eBook)
- Keyword searches may be limited to eBooks by including the phrase "electronic resource" in the search. Example: a keyword search +scholarships +"electronic resource" finds eBooks about financial aid and scholarships.
- Select the link to Electronic Books from the Hartnell College Library web page and browse through the eBook listings.
Reading eBooks Online
- Select the link "Internet Access."
- If you are on the Hartnell campus you can now select "Browse this eBook online" to read the book for a brief period of time. Follow the online instructions and read the help screens for more information.
- If you are off-campus, you must have an account set up to read these eBooks. You must be on the Hartnell College campus to create your account.
- Some temporary accounts for off-campus users have been created. Students, faculty and other Hartnell College users should only use these for a limited period of time until they can obtain their own account.
- Temporary account information:
User Name: hartnell1
(Accounts for hartnell2, hartnell3, hartnell4, hartnell5 have also been set up)
For more information contact the Hartnell College
Library Reference Desk, 759-6078.