> Home > Student Services > Counseling > Faq > Transcripts

Frequently Asked Questions - Transcripts

Do I have to have transcripts on file from another college before I enroll? Are they required?
No, but it is highly recommended, especially for placements and pre-requisites. Official transcripts will be mandatory for evaluating graduation requirements.

What is the difference between unofficial and official transcripts?
Official transcripts include the college seal imprinted and the signature of the Dean of Admissions and Records. The transcript can be mailed directly to the destination or given to students. A hand-carried transcript is considered unofficial if opened before reaching its final destination. The unofficial transcript is similar to a grade report which contains work completed and work-in progress.

How can I obtain a copy of my transcripts?
Unofficial transcripts can be obtained in the Counseling Center (a picture identification is required). Unofficial transcript requests must be done in person-we cannot fax or mail unofficial transcripts

Official transcripts can be requested from Admissions & Records Please allow 15 working days to produce an Official Hartnell transcript. Please refer to the link provided below for more information: