> Home > Faculty > Minimum_quals

Minimum Qualifications
Minimum Qualifications to Teach at Hartnell College

In order to teach in California Community Colleges, an individual must meet the Minimum Qualifications for his/her discipline. In some fields it is a Master's degree while in some areas it is other degrees and /or certification or licenses. The State Academic Senate and Chancellor's office approve the list of Minimum Qualifications for each discipline. In the case that individuals do not meet those qualifications, there is a possibility that they could teach/work if a local committee (comprised of representatives from the local Academic Senate and administration) grants "equivalency to the minimum qualifications" (Academic Senate for California Community Colleges, http://www.asccc.org/LocalSenates/Resources/Equivalency.asp).

The following documents describe minimum qualifications requirements for different academic areas and provide information of how to establish equivalency to minimum qualifications.