What is the Hartnell College CatCard?
The Hartnell College CatCard (electronic ID card) is the official identification, library card, and on-campus debit card for Hartnell College students. We will not be issuing hard copies.
NOTE: You must be fully registered and enrolled in your courses before logging into your CatCard. Your CatCard will not be activated until the start of the semester.
Step 1: Watch the CatCard Video Instructions
- Navigate to catcard.hartnell.edu.
- Login using your Hartnell ID and PAWS password.
- Click on 'ACCOUNT' (three lines in upper right corner), then 'UPLOAD PHOTO.'
Step 2: Tips for uploading your photo
- Photo must display full head from top of hair to bottom of chin
- Center your head within the frame, face forward (no tilted or side view)
- No sunglasses or hats - NO FILTERS
- Use a neutral background - not in car or outdoors
- A GREEN POPUP will appear if your photo was accepted.
- If a RED POPUP appears, the photo was not accepted. Select 'Crop & Rotate' to fix the dimensions, then re-upload.
NOTE: Allow 48 hours for your photo to transfer to the app. Photos are approved periodically.
Step 3: How to Download the App:
- Once downloaded, search "Hartnell."
- Log in using your Student ID and PAWs password.
If you receive an "Declined" or "Invalid" message:
1. You must be fully enrolled in the current semester to access the CatCard.
2. Your CatCard will not be activated until the start of the semester.
3. Navigate to PAWS Self-Serve to change your password, and try logging in again.
4. If you are still unable to log in, send an email to email@example.com from your Hartnell student email. Explain the situation thoroughly, provide your student ID, the best phone number and time to reach you, and someone will contact you.
If you receive an "Account is Already Assigned" message:
1. If you received a new cellphone device, uninstall the app on your old phone and download the 'TouchNet 360u' app on your new phone.
2. Your new phone/app will state "Account is Already Assigned."
3. Email the Office of Student Life, provide your Student ID and name, and we can unregister your old device.
4. Log in again on your new phone/app.
If your account says "Expired" when attempting to use funds:
1. You must be currently enrolled and registered in courses to access your funds - even if funds were provided in previous semesters.
If your account says "Inactive" or if you are unable to pay with your CatCard:
1. Log into catcard.hartnell.edu using your Student ID and PAWs password.
2. Click on 'Account' (three lines in upper right corner), then 'Activate/Deactivate.'
3. Select 'Activate.'
If you see a white or black background, or do not see your ID in the app:
1. Email the Office of Student Life, provide your Student ID, and we can update the background.
If you are still unable to log in, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from your Hartnell student email. Explain the situation thoroughly, provide your student ID, the best phone number and time to reach you, and someone will contact you.
Your CatCard can be used for the following:
Cafeteria/Starbucks - Your CatCard can be used to purchase food and drink items on campus. To pay using your CatCard, log in and open the app at the register. Funds will then be deducted from your balance.
Copier/Printing Dollars - Money is required to use any printer or copier on campus. Funds will be deducted from your balance. For more information on how to use campus printers, visit here.
Library - Your CatCard serves as your library card.
Bookstore - Your CatCard can be used to purchase items in the Hartnell College Bookstore.
Public Transportation - Your CatCard is your college identification card on campus and with Monterey-Salinas Transit (MST). You must have a current semester ID to use the MST.
Merchant Discounts - Local merchants may provide student discounts.
The CatCard can be used to obtain various on-campus services such as:
- Attending athletic events
- Attending The Western Stage events
- Fitness Lab/Weight Room entrance
- Identification for Hartnell Student Services
- Receive benefits and services provided by the Office of Student Life and ASHC
- Using various library services
Students have the following CatCard care responsibilities:
- Hartnell College is not responsible for cash balances and/or services obtained through lost or stolen cards
- You must safeguard your CatCard
- Your Student ID number is stated on the back of the card
- You are responsible for all transactions on the card until it is reported lost
- Your CatCard must be shown on demand to any officer of Hartnell College
- FIRST go to catcard.hartnell.edu to upload your photo.
- This is an official Hartnell College ID, NOT a social media picture. Your picture will be rejected until it meets the criteria stated above in the instructions.
- If you installed both apps, DELETE/UNINSTALL the 'TouchNet OneCard VIP' app and use the 'TouchNet 360u' app.
Due to the increased volume of callers, please refer to the 'Trouble Logging In' section above for assistance with logging into your app.