What is the Hartnell College CatCard?
The Hartnell College CatCard (electronic ID card) is the official identification, library card, and on-campus debit card for Hartnell College students. We will not be issuing hard copies.
Please see below for information on Cat Card services:
- CatCards will be valid for an entire academic year (August –July).
- Current funds will remain on your Cat Card for future use, however, no additional funds will be added to the Catcard.
- Questions related to your funds can be answered at the Hartnell Business Office, email email@example.com
NOTE: Your CatCard will be activated at the start of each academic year, typically each August, and expire at the end of the summer session, typically late July.
Step 1: Please follow the steps below
- Download the TouchNet 360U App on Google Play Store or Apple Store
- Select Hartnell Community College as your institution
- Login using your Hartnell DUO credentials. (Reset your password if needed DUO sign in)
- (Upload photo if needed) Swipe left to access your cat card
Tips for uploading your photo
- Photo must display full head from top of hair to bottom of chin
- Center your head within the frame, face forward (no tilted or side view)
- No sunglasses or hats - NO FILTERS
- Use a neutral background - not in car or outdoors
- A GREEN POPUP will appear if your photo was accepted.
- If a RED POPUP appears, the photo was not accepted.
- Allow 48 hours for your photo to transfer to the app.
If you receive a "Declined" or "Invalid" message:
1. You can ONLY access your CatCard DURING the semester you are currently enrolled in.
2. Your CatCard will not be activated until the start of the semester.
3. Uninstall the app, and re-install. Then try logging in again.
4. You may need to reset your DUO password. Navigate to Hartnell DUO to change your password.
If you receive an "Account is Already Assigned" message:
1. If you received a new cellphone device, uninstall the app on your old phone and download the 'TouchNet 360u' app on your new phone.
2. Your new phone/app will state "Account is Already Assigned."
3. Visit the Office of Student Life, log into your catcard.hartnell.edu portal to provide identity verification, and we can unregister your old device. Allow 24 hours for your account to unregister.
4. Log in again on your new phone/app.
If your account says "Inactive" or if you are unable to pay with your CatCard:
1. Log into catcard.hartnell.edu using your Hartnell DUO credentials.
2. Click on 'Account' (three lines in upper right corner), then 'Activate/Deactivate.'
3. Select 'Confirm' to activate your card. A green pop up will appear when confirmed.
If your account says "Expired" when attempting to use funds:
1. You must be currently enrolled and registered in courses to access your funds - even if funds were provided in previous semesters.
If you see a white or black background, or do not see your ID in the app:
1. Visit the Office of Student Life, log into your catcard.hartnell.edu portal to provide identity verification, and we can update the background.
If you are still having technical issues you may SUBMIT A TICKET for assistance.
Your CatCard can be used for the following:
- Cafeteria/Starbucks - Your CatCard can be used to purchase food and drink items on campus. To pay using your CatCard, log in and open the app at the register. Funds will then be deducted from your balance.
- Copier/Printing Dollars - Money is required to use any printer or copier on campus. Funds will be deducted from your balance. For more information on how to use campus printers, visit here.
- Library - Your CatCard serves as your library card.
- Bookstore - Your CatCard can be used to purchase items in the Hartnell College Bookstore.
- Public Transportation - Your CatCard is your college identification card with Monterey-Salinas Transit (MST). You must have a current semester ID to use the MST.
- Merchant Discounts - Local merchants may provide student discounts.
The CatCard can be used to obtain various on-campus services such as:
- Attending athletic events
- Attending The Western Stage events
- Fitness Lab/Weight Room entrance
- Identification for Hartnell Student Services
- Receive benefits and services provided by the Office of Student Life and ASHC
- Using various library services
Students have the following CatCard care responsibilities:
- Hartnell College is not responsible for cash balances and/or services obtained through lost or stolen cards
- You must safeguard your CatCard
- Your Student ID number is stated on the back of the card
- You are responsible for all transactions on the card until it is reported lost
- Your CatCard must be shown on demand to any officer of Hartnell College
Questions related to your funds can be answered at the Hartnell Business Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you wish to deposit money onto your CatCard, log into catcard.hartnell.edu.
- Select 'ADD CASH,' and follow the instructions.
- You may NOT withdraw money from your account. If there was an accidental deposit, please visit the Cashier's Office in Building B to submit a check request.
NOTE: You must use any personal funds deposited into your CatCard during the semester it was deposited - deposited funds will not transfer to the next semester.
- FIRST go to catcard.hartnell.edu to upload your photo.
- This is an official Hartnell College ID, NOT a social media picture. Your picture will be rejected until it meets the criteria stated above in the instructions.
- If you installed both apps, DELETE/UNINSTALL the 'TouchNet OneCard VIP' app and use the 'TouchNet 360u' app.
Due to the increased volume of callers, please refer to the 'Trouble Logging In' section above for assistance with logging into your app.