Office of College Readiness


Hello and welcome to the Office of College Readiness website! You are in the right place if you are looking for ways high school students can earn college credit while in high school (including dual enrollment). Earning credit while in high school helps you start your pathway onto a college and/or your career. Congratulations on taking this important first-step! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us, we are here to help!


CCAP Partnership Districts

District School Site High School Counselor/Designee


Gonzales Unified School District (GUSD)

Gonzales High School

Juanita Zuniga

Emilia Zuniga


South Monterey County Joint Union High School District

Greenfield High School

King City High School

 Lilian De La Torre-Reed


Monterey Peninsula Unified School District (MPUSD)

Seaside High School  Tessa Brown


North Monterey County Unified School District (NMCUSD)

North Monterey County High School Kristi Barron


Soledad Unified School District (SUSD)

Soledad High School Martha Pantoja


Salinas Union High School District (SUHSD)








Alisal High School

Everett Alvarez High School

Mount Toro High School

North Salinas High School

Rancho San Juan High School

Salinas High School

Jennifer Elemen



CCAP Dual Enrollment

Allows high school students to take college credit courses during their regular high school schedule. Students who complete their CCAP courses received dual credit. 

Orientation to Dual Enrollment (CCAP vs. Non-CCAP)

Follow the steps below if you plan to participate in a CCAP-Dual Enrollment course at Hartnell College:

  1. Talk with your High School counselor and High School point of contact.
  2. Complete College Application for Admission
  3. Complete Course Placement Tool (ONLY applicable for English and/or Math courses)
  4. Complete CCAP - Enrollment Form (electronic form via AdobeSign) 
    • The form will be sent to student's Hartnell email address once steps 1-3 are completed by College Readiness.
    • The form must be signed by all of those listed in the form (student, parent/guardian, and High School designee)
  5. All forms must be fully signed by all parties. 
  6. Once all items are completed you will be manually registered in your CCAP class.

Please contact if you need help or have questions, don't forget to include your high school and course in the subject line. 

Click to view the CCAP - Dual Enrollment Courses by Site for the FALL 2021 semester

Non-CCAP Enrollment

(AKA Concurrent Enrollment)

Allows high school students to take college credit courses after school, most often at a local community college. 

  1. Complete College Application for Admission
  2. Complete the Course Placement Tool (Only applicable for English and Math courses)
  3. Complete the Concurrent Enrollment form
    • The form must be signed by all those listed in the form (student, parent/guardian and High School designee)
    • FALL 2021 - Forms are to be email to with the SUBJECT LINE: Concurrent Enrollment. 
  4. Register for Classes using P.A.W.S for Students or P.A.W.S. Self Serve 
  5. Pay your Fees through P.A.W.S. for Students or P.A.W.S. Self Serve

SPRING 2022 concurrent enrollment form will be up in the Hartnell website by Admissions and Records (TBA).


There are no current high school articulation agreements on file with our college, however, if you are an educator and would like your school to have a high school articulated course, please contact us for more information.

Administrative Procedure 4051-High School Articulation: AP4051 




Who To Contact

  • Laurencia Walker
    Director of Student Affairs | College Readiness
    Phone: (831) 755-6772
    Building: Hartnell College Main Campus
    Office: Building N, Room N9
    411 Central Avenue, Salinas, CA 93901

Who To Contact

  • Yeraldiny (Geri) Alonzo
    Program Assistant I | College Readiness
    Phone: (831) 755-6772
    Building: Hartnell College Main Campus
    Office: Building N, Room N9
    411 Central Avenue, Salinas, CA 93901


  • N - Merrill Hall

    N - Merrill Hall