Hartnell College scholarships are funded through generous contributions to the Hartnell College Foundation by community groups, businesses, foundations, and individuals who value education and want to make a difference in the lives of our students. Each academic year, the General Application opens and offers a variety of scholarships. A single application places students in consideration for a variety of scholarships!
The 2024-2025 General Application
Deadline: April 8th, 2024
Upcoming Available Scholarships from Outside Sources Deadlines:
Hartnell incoming, continuing and transfer students.
The minimum requirements for Hartnell Scholarships are:
- Maintain enrollment, at Hartnell College, in at least 9 units during the application semester and during the Fall and Spring semesters of the award year. (Applies to incoming, continuing and returning students at Hartnell College)
- Applicants must maintain/earn a minimum 2.5 GPA by the end of the Fall semester.
Recipients must maintain this requirement during the awarded academic year. Exceptions are sometimes made.
Scholarship/s award could range from $500-$5000.
Some scholarships may be reduced depending on a student's aid budget at Hartnell College. For more information please visit Overawards and Overpayments.
For more information, please contact (831) 755-6806.
Please submit your thank you letter/s by the deadline included in your offer letter. If you need an extension, please call (831) 755-6811 ASAP, or email email@example.com.
Failure to submit your thank you letter by the deadline could result in your scholarship/s being re-awarded to the next eligible student or returned to the fund.
Unfortunately, due to Federal Regulations, your scholarship may be reduced. If you have been offered a scholarship but received an email stating your scholarship monies has been reduced due to it exceeding your student aid budget.
For more information, please contact the Financial Aid Director or Financial Aid Lead about your student aid budget at (831) 755-6806.
Hartnell College Scholarships Office411 Central Ave.Salinas, CA 93901
- Once the check made out to Hartnell College has been received, enrollment at Hartnell and eligibility for the scholarship award must be verified by the Scholarships Office. If possible, please include the Hartnell Student ID number.
- Once the verification is complete, the funds are then deposited into the student's account. If the student has an outstanding balance at Hartnell, the scholarship funds will be used to settle that balance.
- If the student is eligible for a refund for any amount remaining of her/his/their scholarship award, a refund check will be mailed to the student in 3-4 week from the Hartnell Business Office.
Who To Contact
- Scholarships Office
Phone: (831) 755-6811
- Financial Aid Help
Building: B - Student Services
Office: Financial Aid Department
B - Student Services