Two years with zero in-state tuition, regardless of household income
A free laptop OR Hartnell Bookstore voucher
Participation in a Student Success Seminar
Quarterly student success & professional development workshops (dates to be announced)
Mentoring by faculty and a peer
A FREE Start on an Exceptional Education
PLUS, total support for your success
The Salinas Valley Promise program combines instructional excellence with professional guidance, leadership development, life-skills training and a scholarship to ensure your success.
You pay zero in-state tuition as a first-time, full-time student, regardless of your family income.
Program Application for 2022-2023 CLOSED
Virtual Front Desk
Have questions? Want more info? Visit our Virtual Front Desk!
Hours: Monday - Friday, 1:00 - 5:00pm or call (831) 755-6723
Zoom Meeting ID: 93927256751
Benefits of the Promise
Requirements of the Promise
- Graduate from a local high school or adult school within the Hartnell Community College District
- Be a first-time college student (dual/concurrent enrollment units acceptable)
- CA resident or qualify for non-resident tuition exemption through AB540/SB68
- Maintain enrollment as a full-time college student with 12 or more units
- Students enrolled in fewer than 12 units may be eligible for SVP when eligible for a reduced course load as a Department of Supportive Programs and Services (DSPS) accommodation
- Waitlisted courses do not count towards the 12 units
- Completion of a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) OR California Dream Act Application
- Completion of the Student Success Seminar (Math Academy, Counseling class, Partner Program)
- Completion of a Comprehensive Educational Plan with an educational counselor
- Participation in mentorship and quarterly workshops (dates to be announced for 2022-23)
- Maintain at least a 2.0 semester GPA
December 2021 - April 2022 | DUE: April 18, 2022
Submit an application for admissions to Hartnell College through CCCApply
Submit the Salinas Valley Promise Program Application.
A Hartnell student ID and account is required to sign-in and submit the form (see Step 1).
April 2022 - May 31, 2022 | DUE: May 31, 2022
Submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination or medical or religious exemption here:
a. Waitlisted courses do not count towards the 12 units
b. It is highly recommended you participate in Panther Prep Pledge
Students enrolled in fewer than 12 units may be eligible for SVP when eligible for a reduced course load as a Department of Supportive Programs and Services (DSPS) accommodation
Enroll for the Student Success Seminar
June 2022 - July 2022
Attend the Student Success Seminar you signed-up for (one or more of the following):