EFFECTIVE DECEMBER 14, 2022:
VACCINATION REQUIREMENT IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.
THIS GUIDANCE IS FOR HISTORICAL PURPOSES ONLY
Providing Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination
Hartnell College continues to implement its requirement that all students and employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 during the Spring 2022 semester, which started Jan. 24 and continues with late-start classes.
Hartnell has contracted with an outside company called Med+Proctor to provide a webpage where individuals can upload their proof of COVID-19 vaccination or submit a request for medical or religious exemption, subject to review.
You can watch this video tutorial for a step-by-step guide to uploading vaccine proof or an exemption request. Also, here is a handy visual guide to providing your documents to Med+Proctor.
For general information on Hartnell's response to COVID-19, please visit our COVID-19 FAQs.
- In order to register as a Hartnell student, students must provide documentation that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or obtain an approved medical or religious exemption in advance from the vaccination requirement. Fully vaccinated means two (2) doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines or a single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. See details below on deadlines for submission of exemption requests under STUDENT & EMPLOYEE EXEMPTION REQUESTS.
- Students whose exemption requests are approved will be required to provide proof of weekly testing and negative results in order to continue taking classes.
- Students whose exemption requests are denied will be required to show proof of full vaccination or be deregistered from their classes.
All students must provide proof of full vaccination or request an exemption in order to enroll for classes during the Summer and Fall 2022 semesters.
Upload proof of Vaccination
PLEASE NOTE: Do NOT choose the option to pay $10 to Med+Proctor for "expedited verification." There is no advantage to doing so.
- Starting with the Spring 2022 semester, full vaccination (two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines or a single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine) will be required for all Hartnell employees, unless they have a college-approved exemption.
- Employees whose exemption requests are approved will be required to undergo twice-weekly testing for COVID-19 to show that they are free of the coronavirus. Hartnell has ongoing testing in Parking Lot 4 on its Main Campus seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Additional information on testing requirements and locations will be provided.
Upload Proof of Vaccination
You will need to use your Hartnell College employee ID and password.
accepted forms of Proof
The Hartnell Community College District will accept the following forms of documentation for COVID-19 vaccination:
- Digital version (or photograph/scan) of a COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card (issued by the Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Disease Control & Prevention or WHO Yellow Card) which includes name of person vaccinated, type of vaccine provided and date last dose administered);
- A digital record that includes a QR code that when scanned by a SMART Health Card reader displays to the reader client name, date of birth, vaccine dates and vaccine type. Information on how to obtain this digital record is available here.
- Documentation of COVID-19 vaccination from a health care provider.
STUDENT & EMPLOYEE EXEMPTION REQUESTS
- Students who want to take Hartnell courses and intend to request a medical or religious
exemption must meet the following SUBMISSION DEADLINES for the term they want to register
for. Medical and religious exemptions must be approved BEFORE students can register
- Summer 2022: The last date to submit for Summer is June 5, 2022.
- Fall 2022: If possible, submit requests by July 4, 2022. The last date to submit for Fall is Aug. 12, 2022.
- For a medical exemption, you must upload a completed request form (see link below), signed by a licensed medical provider (MD, DO, PA, NP) who certifies that you have a medical condition that contraindicates you from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination and specifying that contraindication.
- For a religious exemption, you must upload a completed request form (see link below). You will be asked to state your "sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance" that is the basis for your request. You also will be asked to briefly explain how your "religious belief, practice or observance" conflicts with the COVID-19 mandate. Personal opposition to the vaccine mandate alone will not be sufficient.
To request an exemption, download and complete one of these two fillable PDF forms and upload them to the Med+Proctor webpage.
|Medical Exemption Form
(English) / (Spanish)
|Religious Exemption Form
(English) / (Spanish)
HELP WITH documentation
If you need assistance with uploading proof of vaccination or exemption forms, you can request assistance by using this Hartnell contact form. Under "Please select a department or program," scroll down to "Vaccination Documentation Assistance" and then enter your contact information.