counseling lobby picture


Are you a recent high school graduate? Is this your first time ever attending a college?  If you answered "yes," then you are considered a New Student. To get started at Hartnell, you will need to follow the Steps to Success process of enrollment. 


Go on to Counseling Appointments for appointment and preparation information.


Refer to your K-12 school's administration for information regarding concurrent enrollment and outstanding credits. Concurrent Enrollment Applications are available online, in the Counseling & Guidance Department, and in the Admissions & Records Office. Concurrent Enrollment Applications must be completed and signed by your K-12 school administration before requesting a Hartnell Counselor's signature. A Hartnell Counselor's signature may be requested during daily Express Counseling hours. Please call the Counseling Desk at (831) 755-6820 for more information. 

Use the following table to determine your Student Type:

Type of Student

How to Determine

New Student You are a New Student if you have never enrolled in classes at any college.
New Transfer Student You are a New Transfer Student if you have attended another college, but have NEVER been enrolled at Hartnell College.
Returning Student You are a Returning Student if you have attended Hartnell College, but not in the last academic semester.
Returning Transfer Student You are a Returning Transfer Student if you have previously been enrolled at Hartnell College, and are now returning after attending another college.
Continuing Student You are a Continuing Student if you were enrolled at Hartnell College in the most recent academic semester. (excluded K-12 students)
Concurrent Enrollment Student You are a Concurrent Enrollment Student if your age or class level is equal to grades K - 12.