Field trips require the approval by the Dean of your department at least 5 working days prior to the trip using the appropriate forms. Field Trip forms are available for download from this website. A Voluntary Field Trip/Excursion Authorizaton & each student must submit a signed Student Emergency Medical Auhorization Notice form. It is the instructor’s responsibility to distribute, collect and turn in these forms to the department Dean prior to the field trip. See Field Trip Instructions for more information regarding field trips.
The following should be adhered to when considering field trips:
- Field trips must be related to the course objectives.
- All field trips must be voluntary, i.e. any student who cannot attend must be provided with an optional assignment of equal value in grading.
- Unless the College is providing the transportation, the instructor shall not mandate any aspect of the transportation including route of travel, “caravanning”, rider ship, time of travel, etc.
- No student shall participate unless the Student Voluntary Field Trip/Excursion form has been signed;
- During the field trip all Hartnell rules and regulations are to be observed since the field trip is an official function of Hartnell College.