Guide for Students in Kinesiology
This Educational Path is for students pursuing or exploring the Kinesiology program within the Health Sciences Meta-Major.
Choices you make during your time as a Hartnell student will help you complete your degree or certificate in order to immediately begin your career or transfer to complete a bachelor’s degree at a four-year university.
Steps on Your Way
TRANSFER & CAREER READINESS
- Focused counseling session(s) to discuss/review educational plan and determine courses for transfer (milestone) and any other.
- Explore transfer resources (CSU and UC)
- Determine unique course requirement(s) for specialty-focused program.
- Visit campuses of potential schools.
- Adjust education plan to school of choice.
- Access student support services as needed.
- Explore scholarships, grants, and other funding opportunities for transfer education
- Seek faculty for conversation on schools for transfer, career info and mentor.
- Kinesiology: the profession
- Attend career and recruiting fairs.
- Find and complete internships.
- Maintain certifications (i.e.,) BLS.
- Talk with graduates and professionals.
- Student membership in American Association of Kinesiologists in Higher Education (AAKHE).
- Attend workshops.
- Develop an electronic portfolio.
- Wellness services
- Athletic trainer
- Professional athlete
- Massage therapist
- Physical therapy aide
- Meet with counselor to confirm graduation.
- Submit petition to graduate.
- Submit petition for transfer.