Hartnell College provides full-time employee health coverage through Municipalities, Colleges, and Schools Insurance Group (MCSIG). Employees also have the opportunity to voluntarily participate in supplemental District coverage
Full-time employees may select from a menu of medical plan options offered by MCSIG
(all eligible employees are covered by the dental & vision plan). The District pays
100% of full-time employee premiums, and 95% of dependent premiums - up to the cost
of coverage for MCSIG's Medical PPO $25 plan (aka "Base Plan").
Employees who elect to enroll in medical coverage that costs less than the "Base Plan" coverage may receive the difference in cost (up to $200/month). This is a District-paid "shared savings" contribution deposited into an HRA (Health Reimbursement Account) on behalf of the employee. (For more information, see below, "Active Employee Insurance Cost Comparison Chart," and "District Health Benefits Overview"; also, visit the Section 125 & HRA webpage by clicking the link on the left.)
- Blue Shield of California Medical coverage^ (Effective Jan 2023)
- ^ includes MetLife $25K Basic Life + $25K A.D.D. Life Insurance for employee only.
(Beneficiary designations are made on MCSIG Enrollment or MCSIG Change form, see forms below)
- Behavioral/Mental Health Care coverage included through the MetLife/LifeWorks EAP.
(Mental health coverage is aligned with the medical plan's copay)
- Chiropractic coverage is not included in Blue Shield coverage (See "CHPC" below)
- Transcarent Deductible-free, Medical/Surgical coverage
- TelaDoc 24-hour, On-Call, Telephonic and Video physician services (Mobile App Download )
Includes TelaDoc Behavioral/Mental Health Licensed therapist appointments
Covered members have access to a licensed therapist by phone or video with scheduled appointments at no charge. Review: Behavioral Health With Teledoc (Also see "Useful Links" at left)
- MetLife Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provided through LifeWorks - Premier Option
Up to 5 in person counseling sessions, Work-Life Services, Financial Services, Legal Services, Identity Theft Recovery Services, Telephonic Life Coaching, and Support for district Managers.
- Brightline Mental Health Option for Adolescents
A virtual behavioral health solution focused on children between 1 ½ and 18 years old.
- Complete Care* Medical Expense Reimbursement Plan
- Express Scripts Prescription coverage
- CHPC Chiropractic coverage
- Delta Dental Dental coverage (Medium Level with Orthodontia, plan #7104-2198)
- VSP Vision coverage (Medium Level, plan "B")
- Wellness Incentive Programs Fitness Center Discounts, Healthy Weight Incentive, & more!
- Epic Hearing Hearing health coverage
(available to Regularly employed part-time and full-time employees)
- Section 125 - Employee driven healthcare spending expense reimbursement account (HSA) & dependent day care expense reimbursement account (DCA)
- Employee Group Term Life Insurance through The Hartford (eff. 01/2014) Updated!
- Long-Term Disability Income Protection through MetLife (eff. 12/1/2018)
- Hartford accidental death and dismemberment life insurance coverage (employees only
- Hartford beneficiary designation form
- Access to enroll in multiple voluntary supplemental plans administered by American Fidelity (AF)
- Short-term Disability (*Note: District employees do not pay into CA State Disability)
- Accident Only
- Critical Illness
See: AF summary brochure (includes QR code to schedule an appointment to learn more)
- MCSIG - Participant CHANGE Form 2023Update!!
- Completion of Declination section on page 2 is REQUIRED if any coverage for an eligible employee and/or dependent is waived
- Any employee who declines medical coverage MUST submit documented proof of other coverage
(i.e., copy of medical ID card, or other certification of coverage) with the completed
- Note: CSEA unit members may not decline MCSIG medical plan enrollment, per collective bargaining agreement.
- MCSIG Complete Care Reimbursement Plan - Enrollment Form (pdf)
- MCSIG Complete Care Reimbursement Plan - Attestation Form (pdf)
- NOTE: Both above forms are required WITH either the MCSIG Enrollment (for new coverage) or Change form declination (for change
- NOTE: Both above forms are required WITH either the MCSIG Enrollment (for new coverage) or Change form declination (for change of coverage).
- MCSIG - NEW-HIRE/NEW Participant Enrollment Form (pdf)
Documents verifying dependent status is required for all enrolled dependents, including Domestic Partners (see above "MCSIG Eligibility Rules").
Who To Contact
- Alma Arriaga
Benefits and Leaves Analyst
Phone: (831) 770-6166
Building: D - College Administration (North)
Office: Room 111
College Administration (North)