From November 5th to November 28th, employees who are eligible for health coverage can change their medical plan enrollment, add coverage for themselves and/or dependents not previously enrolled in coverage; or in some cases, decline coverage.
All open enrollment changes, additions, and declinations of coverage are effective January 1st of 2019. Employees who wish to make a change must complete, sign, and submit a MCISG Change Form to Human Resources before November 28, 2018 (see the "Forms" section below).
Hartnell College provides health coverage through (MCSIG) Municipalities, Colleges, and Schools Insurance Group ) .
employees may select from a menu of medical plan options offered by MCSIG (all eligible
employees are covered by the dental & vision plan).
he District pays 100% of full-time employee premiums, and 95% of dependent premiums
- up to the cost of coverage for MCSIG's Medical PPO $25 plan (aka the "base plan").
Employees who elect coverage totaling less than the "base plan" coverage may receive the difference in cost (up to $200/month) as a contribution into their Health Reimburement Account (See below "Active Employee Insurance Cost Comparison Chart," and "District Health Benefits Overview"). For more information, visit our Section 125 & HRA webpage by clicking the link on your left.
C overage is designed to emphasize wellness and preventative care, and includes the following programs:
- Anthem Blue Cross Medical coverage (see below "Plan Information")
- TelaDoc 24-hour, On-Call, Telephonic physician coverage ( Mobile App Download )
- BridgeHealth Deductible-free, Medical/Surgical coverage
- Express Scripts Prescription coverage
- Delta Dental Dental coverage (Medium Level with Orthodontia, plan #7104-2198)
- VSP Vision coverage (Medium Level, plan "B")
- Epic Hearing Hearing health coverage
- CHPC Chiropractic coverage
- MHN Behavioral Health and Employee Assistance Program
- Section 125 Health Care Expense & Child Care Expense Reimbursement program
- Wellness Incentive Programs : Fitness Center Discounts, Healthy Weight Incentive, & more!
- Life Insurance coverage (EE only) from Prudential Financial
- Long-term disability income protection (EE Only) through MetLife (eff. 12/1/2018)
- Accidental death and dismemberment coverage (employees only)
District Health Benefits Overview
MCSIG Medical Plan Coverages: At-A-Glance Comparison Chart
- MCSIG Complete Care Medical Expense Reimbursement Plan (Eff. Jan 2018)
MCSIG Health - Overview of All MCSIG Coverages
Summary of Medical Benefit Coverages
( Medical Plan Benefits & Exclusions)
MCSIG Dental Plans Evidence of Coverage
Tip: Delta Dental Premier vs Preferred Coverage
MCSIG Vision Plans Evidence of Coverage
Vision Plan B Summary At-A-Glance
Employee Costs / Plan Rates
- 2019 Active Employee Insurance Cost Comparison Chart (Eff. Jan 2019) NEW!!
- 2019 MCSIG Medical, Dental and Vision Rates (6% Increase to 2018 Medical; Dental & Vision remain the same)
Past Year Info:
See: MCSIG Eligibility Rules for confirmation of required forms & documentation
MCSIG Change Form
- Any employee who declines medical coverage MUST submit documented proof of other coverage (i.e., copy of medical ID card, or other certification of coverage) with the completed Declination form.
- CSEA unit members may not decline medical coverage, per collective bargaining agreement.
(Declination section on page 2 is REQUIRED if any coverage for an eligible employee
and/or dependents is waived)
- MCSIG Complete Care Enrollment Form (pdf)
MCSIG Complete Care Attestation Form
Both above forms are required WITH the MCSIG Change form if enrolling in Complete Care.
- Both above forms are required WITH the MCSIG Change form if enrolling in Complete Care.
MCSIG New-Hire/Enrollment Form
Documents verifying dependent status is required for all enrolled dependents, including Domestic Partners (see above "MCSIG Eligibility Rules").
Webpage last updated: 1/10/19
Who To Contact
Human Resources Specialist
Phone: (831) 770-6166; FAX: (831) 755-6937
Building: D - College Administration (North)
Office: Room 110
College Administration (North)