The Hartnell College CalWORKs Program serves County CalWORKs Cash Aid recipients who are enrolled at Hartnell College. The CalWORKs Office is located on the first floor of building B in room 130. Office hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. For more information call (831) 755-6860.
California Work Opportunity and Responsibilit to Kids (CalWORKs) is a state funded program designed to provide academic support for CalWORKs participants to succeed in both their educational and employment goals. As a CalWORKs participant at Hartnell College, individuals join a supportive group that acts as a liaison between the student and their county of residence, as well as provide support services.
Steps to Apply:
- Complete a Hartnell College Application for Admission.
- Complete the online Hartnell College CalWORKs Application.
- Upload a current Verification of Benefits (VOB) and a CWES 120 Customer Appointment Referral Form (optional) to your online application or email your documents to email@example.com.
- Once your application materials have been reviewed and accepted, we can schedule you an appointment with our CalWORKs Counselor.
- Must have at least one child or dependent under the age of 18.
- Parent(s) and their child(ren) or dependent must be a current CalWORKs/TANF Cash Aid Recipient.
- Student has, or is currently developing, a welfare-to-work (WTW) plan that refers them to the college for education and training, unless currently exempt.
- Students must fulfill work participation requirements in order to remain eligible to receive services.
- 1st Tier Priority Registration.
- Assigned Counselor to develop an educational plan in accordance to the student's welfare-to-work plan.
- ALL required course materials will be paid for by the county of residence through
the county's Advanced Standard Payment process.
- $500 will be given to full-time students and $250 will be given to part-time students.
- Students are able to keep all funds from the Advanced Standard Payment.
- If the cost of books and supplies cost more than the Advance Standard Payment you can request reimbursement. Please consult with your CalWORKs Employment Services (CWES) worker for more information.
- On Campus CalWORKs Work Study employment opportunities that will not affect cash aid.
- Student Success Workshops and events.
- Calculator and Chromebook lending through the EOPS Lending Library.
*Continuing students must submit a current Verification of Benefits (VOB) every semester. You may obtain a Verification of Benefits (VOB) from your CWES case worker.