Our office has created a helpful FAQ & Resource Guide for our students to refer to during the campus closure in response to COVID-19. We want you to know that we are here to support you through this health crisis.
The Hartnell College CalWORKs Program serves County CalWORKs Cash Aid recipients who are enrolled at Hartnell College. The CalWORKs Office is located on the first floor of building B in room 130. Office hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. For more information call (831) 755-6860.
How to Apply:
- Complete a Hartnell College Application for Admission
- Complete the online CalWORKs Application
- Upload a current Passport to Service and a CWES 120 (Customer Appointment Referral Form) from your CWES case worker to your online application or email your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once your application materials have been reviewed, we can schedule you an appointment with our CalWORKs Counselor, Dr. Nancy Reyes.
The CalWORKs program offers the following services:
- Priority Registration.
- Counseling services to develop an educational plan in accordance to the student's welfare-to-work plan.
- Students will receive an Advanced Standard Payment based on enrollment status. Students are able to keep all funds from the Advanced Standard Payment and can request reimbursement for additional expenses that exceed the Advanced Standard Payment amount. Students will receive payment for all required course materials. Please consult with your CWES worker for more information.
- Student Success Workshops.
- Calculator and Chromebook lending through the EOPS Lending Library.
- On campus CalWORKs Work Study employment opportunities.
**Continuing students must submit a current Passport to Services every semester. You may obtain a Passport to Service from your CWES case worker.
Office Phone Number:
Paul Casey, Director
Dr. Nancy Reyes, Counselor/Coordinator
Sarah Canter, Program Assistant I