Complete your Comprehensive Education Plan, it's required! Students are now required to complete a comprehensive education plan by the time you have reached the 15 degree applicable unit mark. This is a MANDATORY requirement to maintain enrollment priority.
The comprehensive education plan shows all required classes from the beginning to the end of your educational goal. Still not sure what your comprehensive education plan is, check out the sample below:
Counseling services are provided for Hartnell Students who:
- Are currently enrolled in classes.
- Are not enrolled but have a current Admissions Application on file with Admissions & Records.
- Have completed the Hartnell Orientation or provided the appropriate equivalent documentation from a previously attended college.*
*Some exceptions may apply
There are 4 ways to meet with a Hartnell College Counselor:
- Express Counseling Have a quick question? There is no need to schedule an appointment. Counselors are available for 10 minute sessions through our Express Counseling located inside of the Admissions/Financial Aid Office. Students are seen on a first-come, first-serve basis. Express Counseling hours are available throughout the day, but may be subject to change. Contact the Counseling Desk at (831) 755-6820 for more information and schedule of hours.
- Individual Counseling Appointment Have more than a quick question? Do you need to develop or revise your Educational Plan? Do you need to discuss your major or complete a counseling form? Schedule an Individual Counseling Appointment! You'll have up to 45 minute session with a Hartnell Counselor. To schedule an appointment, call the Counseling Desk at (831) 755-6820 or stop by the Counseling Department located in Building B. Students may also schedule an appointment online .
- General Counseling questions via email. You may send an email communication to a Counselor if you have completed the Hartnell College application. If you are not a current Hartnell College student, please complete the Hartnell College Application and have unofficial transcripts available from another college. The email address to reach a General Counselor is: Counseling@Hartnell.edu (you will receive a response generally within 24 hours).
- Online Counseling Want to connect with a counselor online? Online counselors are available , to schedule an appointment, click the "Schedule Meeting" icon.
IMPORTANT: To cancel or reschedule your appointment, please call the Counseling Desk before your scheduled time. More than 2 missed appointments in a semester will require you to attend express counseling for one semester. If you miss three appoinments you will not be able to schedule counseling appointments for one year.
Before you meet with a Hartnell Counselor, it is best to prepare for your appointment. Students should bring the following to their Individual Counseling Appointment:
1. Other Transcripts Bring an unofficial copy of transcripts from any and all previously attended college(s).
2. General Education Sheet Bring a copy of the appropriate GE pattern associated with your academic goal:
3. Major Requirement Sheet Bring the Major Requirement Sheet(s) that you are interested in completing here at Hartnell and/or at your transfer UC/CSU/ Private or out-of-state university:
4. Educational Plan Continuing/Returning/New Transfer Students should bring a current Educational Plan completed during your last Individual Counseling Appointment. This step is not necessary if you are a New Student and have never met with a Hartnell Counselor.