More than a scholarship program
WELI strives to increase college completion rates among female students in the Salinas Valley . With the support of the WELI Program, WELI Scholars of Hartnell College will achieve their leadership potential and attain personal, academic, and professional success. WELI Scholars receive the following benefits:
- Leadership Training: Three day training to develop critical life skills such as budgeting and communication.
- Mentor Program: Female community leaders serve as WELI Mentors.
- Scholarship Award: At completion of Leadership Training, students receive a $1,000 award. An additional $1,000 will be given upon completion of the mentor workshops.
- Must be a current Hartnell student who plans on being enrolled at Hartnell for the Academic Year 2021-22
- Maintain enrollment in at least 12 units each semester (6 units, if DSPS recipient)
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA or higher
WELI scholars are eligible to become WELI Club officers and act as mentors for future WELI students. The WELI Club provides resources to all students, including, study groups, academic tutoring, peer-support, engagement in community service, and ongoing leadership training opportunities
Women's Educational Leadership Institute is looking for 2021-2022 WELI mentors
Who To Contact
- Office of Equity Programs
(831) 755-6723 (Voicemail Only)
Phone: Hartnell College Main Campus
Building: Building B, Room 204A
Office: 411 Central Avenue, Salinas, CA 93901