The Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP) offers up to 12 months of training assistance to unemployed Veterans. The Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) and the Department of Labor (DOL) are working together to roll out this new program on July 1, 2012.
The VRAP offers 12 months of training assistance to Veterans who:
- Are at least 35 but no more than 60 years old
- Are unemployed on the date of application
- Received an other than dishonorable discharge
- Are not eligible for any other VA education benefit program (e.g.: the Post-9/11 GI Bill®, Montgomery GI Bill®, Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Assistance)
- Are not in receipt of VA compensation due to unemployability
- Are not enrolled in a federal or state job training program
To get more information and apply for the VRAP program, please visit http://benefits.va.gov/vow/education.htm.
VA File Checklist:
- Certificate of Eligibility for VRAP
- DD214 (Member 4 copy)
- Transcripts from all other colleges