WELCOME TO HARTNELL COLLEGE
VETERANS SERVICES CENTER
Calendar Events & Recordings
Fall 2021 Workshops-Previous Recordings
- 08/26/2020 Fall 2020 Veterans Orientation Recording
- 09/03/2020 Accountability Workshop Recording
- 09/17/2020 California Department of Veterans Affairs Recording
- 10/08/2020 Veterans Transition Center
- 10/15/2020 Financial Aid Informational Workshop Recording
- 10/29/2020 Navigating The Stressors of Distance Learning Recording
- 11/12/20 Let's Talk: Veterans Students Success Panel Recording
- 02/19/2021 Navigating the Panther Learning Lab
- 02/26/2021 Meet and Greet: Certifying Official and Academic Counselor
Click the Virtual Front Desk for Immediate Assistance!
LATE START COURSES FOR SPRING 2021 ARE OPEN
SPRING 2021 SEMESTER COURSES ARE TAKING PLACE IN AN ONLINE FORMAT
Academic programs, graduation, and/or planning questions -- Gemma Uribe-Cruz, Veterans Program Counselor -- email@example.com
Educational benefits, Veterans services and programs, general questions --Ligia E. Polio, Program Assistant II-Veterans Certifying Official --firstname.lastname@example.org
WE ARE NOT CLOSED, WE ARE WORKING REMOTELY
Hartnell College Veterans Services Center will be closed until further notice due to campus shut-down for COVID-19
Hartnell's Veterans Services Center provides personalized and caring support to Hartnell
student veterans during their transition from military service to college life. We
help our veterans navigate through Hartnell and provide assistance with VA educational
benefits, as well as give veteran students the tools to succeed academically and personally.
We value the skills, assets and experiences veterans bring to the Hartnell community, and are committed to helping them achieve to their educational goals. The Veterans Service Center also increases campus awareness of student veteran issues, advises the student veterans club and fosters a sense of camaraderie, community and well-being for all student veterans on campus.
Services provided include, but are not limited to:
- Providing information on VA benefits specific to a student's situation
- Referring students to the appropriate campus or community resources
- Helping students navigate the campus and all the various departments
- Sending out invitations to social events and workshops throughout the year
- Connecting students with other student veterans at Hartnell
- Helping students make the transition from military to student life at Hartnell
Veterans Benefits Update
Course Protection Guarantee under the Veteran Benefits and Transition Act of 2018, Section 103: Effective August 1, 2019, Hartnell College allows Veterans under Chapter 33, Chapter 31, and dependents under Chapter 33TOE (Transfer of Entitlement) and Fry Scholarship upon meeting matriculation requirements to remain registered in their courses without being dropped due to unpaid tuition and fees. In order to receive this benefit, students must request to use their benefits by filling out the Application for Certification Request Form and provide a copy of their Certificate of Eligibility or Authorization PO from Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor for Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation students. The certification forms are available at the Veterans Service Center in the Student Center, Room HCC-138.
It is the student’s responsibility to pay the school any remaining balance should the student register in courses that are not on his or her approved education plan, or if the student is not entitled to 100% of his or her GI Bill® benefits. Students also have the option to have any outstanding balance deducted from their Financial Aid, if available. Forever GI Bill® Housing Payment Fulfillment Act of 2018, Section 107 Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) Reflects Actual Housing Location Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) also known as Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) will calculate its payments based on where the student attends the majority of their classes. In the past, payment was calculated on where the school was located. This is a big change for online students receiving lower BAH payments because their school was located in an area with a lower BAH. For more information, students can go to: https://militarybenefits.info/forever-gi-bill.
- Location: Hartnell College Center - HCC-138
- Contact Person: Ligia E Polio, Veterans Program Assistant II/Veterans Certifying Official
- Phone: (831) 755-6909
- Email: email@example.com