About the Teacher Pathway Program (TPP)
The Teacher Pathway Program (TPP) is a Hartnell College - CSU Monterey Bay collaborative, offering students the opportunity to earn an Associates, Bachelor's degree, and multiple-subject teaching credential in a cohort-based program. Students are on track to receive the following degrees:
- A.A.-T. in Elementary Teacher Education at Hartnell College
- B.A. in Liberal Studies at CSU Monterey Bay
- Multiple-subject teaching credential at CSU Monterey Bay
With financial support from the Claire Giannini Fund and Monterey Peninsula Foundation, the Teacher Pathway Program seeks to meet the critical teacher shortage in Monterey County through a "grow your own" collaborative by tapping into our local talent and developing passionate educators.
By participating in the Teacher Pathway Program, students receive the following benefits and support services:
- Guaranteed seats in reserved courses at Hartnell and CSU Monterey Bay
- Integrated Teacher Education Pathway (ITEP) - you finish your BA and credential in 2 years (for transfer students)
- Strong peer support with classmates in same degree as you
- Lending library textbooks in select courses
- Professional development workshops that help build your teacher identity
- "Loan to own" chromebooks
- Free CBEST preparation workshops
- Transfer support and resources
- Financial scholarship pending grant funding
WHO IS THIS PROGRAM BEST SUITED FOR?
- Students committed to going to school full-time
- For future elementary teachers committed to going to CSU Monterey Bay
- Depending which cohort you belong to, your CSUMB courses will either be in South County (cohort 5 and 6) or in North Salinas (Cohort 4)
TPP Cohort will be in South County for fall 2020 and fall 2021 school year!
New TPP cohorts will begin in South County for Fall 2020 and Fall 2021. This means that students will have all classes offered in South County, including CSUMB Liberal Studies and credential courses!
|Cohort 5 - begins Fall 2020||Cohort 6 - begins Fall 2021|
|Fall 2020-Spring 2022 (Hartnell College)||Fall 2021-Spring 2023 (Hartnell College)|
|Fall 2022-Spring 2024 (CSUMB)||Fall 2023-Spring 2025 (CSUMB)|