The Making Accessible and Effective Systems for Teacher Readiness Outcomes (MAESTROs) program supports all future teachers with multiple educational pathways that lead to a teaching credential. Students can choose to transfer to their school of choice and have more flexibility in terms of their personal timeline to graduation at Hartnell College. Students interested in elementary, secondary and special education pathways can join MAESTROs.
WHO IS THIS PROGRAM BEST SUITED FOR?
- Students who need to move at their own pace, need more flexibility in their schedule and/or go part-time
- Students who want to teach a single subject matter like Math, Biology, English, History, etc.
- Goal 1: Improve retention rates of all students, especially Hispanic and/or low-income students.
- Goal 2: Improve transfer rate from Hartnell to CSUMB Liberal Studies especially Hispanic and/or low-income students.
- Goal 3: Increase enrollment in Teacher Pathways, particularly Hispanic and/or low-income students.
- Goal 4: Increase advising sessions for students in the Pre-Education Pathway, especially Hispanic and/or low-income students.
- Goal 5: Increase number of fully credentialed teachers, especially Hispanic and/or low-income students.
By participating in MAESTROs, students receive the following benefits and support services:
- Mentoring, academic coaching, and follow-up services to help you stay on track
- Lending library textbooks in select courses
- Opportunity to join cohort courses with other future teachers
- Professional development workshops that help build your teacher identity
- Laptop loan
- Free CBEST preparation workshops
- Transfer support and resources