Guide for Students in Vocational Nursing
This Educational Path is for students pursuing or exploring the Vocational Nursing program within the Health Sciences Meta-Major. The Vocational Nursing program is selective and requires a separate application process from Hartnell College.
Choices you make during your time as a Hartnell student will help you complete your degree or certificate in order to immediately begin your career or transfer to complete a bachelor’s degree at a four-year university.
Steps on Your Way
- Active involvement in a student nurse association: NSNA, SNA Club, Men in Nursing Club
- Maintain certifications i.e., Basic Life Support, IV Therapy/Blood Withdrawal (post licensure)
- Attend health career fairs.
- Seek volunteer and job opportunities with health organizations.
- Complete Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians (BVNPT) application for licensure.
- Investigate nursing careers.
- Generate an electronic portfolio/resumé.