Welcome to the Hartnell College Academic Senate website.
The Academic Senate is the voice of the Hartnell College faculty in all academic and
professional matters as defined in Title 5 and Education Code. The list of academic and professional matters is sometimes called the 10+1.
- Curriculum including establishing prerequisites and placing courses within disciplines
- Degree and certificate requirements
- Grading policies
- Educational program development
- Standards or policies regarding student preparation and success
- District and college governance structures, as related to faculty roles
- Faculty roles and involvement in accreditation processes, including self-study and annual reports
- Policies for faculty professional development activities
- Processes for program review
- Processes for institutional planning and budget development
- Other academic and professional matters as are mutually agreed upon between the governing board and the academic senate.
The Senate meets from 3-5 p.m. on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month in E-112 during the academic year. There is also a link for guests to attend remotely. The Steering Committee (officers) meets from 3-5 p.m. on the first and third Tuesdays to plan the upcoming meeting and create the agenda.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kelly Locke, President
- Jennifer Moorhouse, First Vice President
- Vacant, Second Vice President
- Heather Rodriguez, Secretary/Treasurer
- Vacant, Member At Large