Not sure if you're ready for online learning? Click to enroll yourself in the online, self-paced Quest for Success Canvas course! You'll need to use your Canvas credentials to log in (see below). If you just want a quick guide instead, check out the Student Quick-Start Guide to Canvas. You can also view the "Introduction to Canvas" overview video below, or check out the FAQs & troubleshooting steps for additional support, or access in-person or phone support through the Panther Learning Lab.
Log in Help
Your Canvas log in is DIFFERENT than your PAWS log in! To log in to your Canvas courses, follow the steps below:
1. Go to hartnell.instructure.com
2. Use the following credentials to log in:
Username: [Student ID #]
Password: [8-digit date of birth]
Example: 01011990 (if your birthday is January 1st, 1990)
3. Click "Log in"
That's it! You should now see all of your Canvas courses.
Still can't log in? Scroll down to the bottom of this page for more advanced troubleshooting steps.
Introduction to Canvas Video
If you still can't log in, try double checking the following:
1. You may have forgotten your password. To reset your password, click "Forgot Password" at hartnell.instructure.com , and it will go to your Hartnell Student Gmail account ( view instructions for accessing your student Gmail account ).
2. Make sure you're fully registered in PAWS- if you are on the waitlist, your Canvas account will not be ready until you are fully enrolled!
3. Make sure your class has officially started! Sometimes your instructor will be able to make your course material available early, but usually it won't be available until the official first day of class.
4. If you very recently registered, please allow until the end of the work day (M-F, 8am-5pm) for your account to be ready. Example: If you registered at 8am on Saturday, you should be able to log in by 5pm on Monday (at the latest).
5. If you can see your course on your Canvas dashboard but you can't go into your course yet, your instructor may not have opened your course. If you're unsure, please email your instructor to see when they will "publish" your course.
6. Your course may not show up in your Dashboard if you have several Canvas classes! To make sure it shows up in your Dashboard for easy access, go to "Courses" then click "All Courses". You can then click the star icon next to any course you want to show up in your Dashboard, or you can go directly into the course by clicking its title.
For in-person help logging in, check out the Panther Learning Lab on the second floor in the Library (Room A-214) or the STEM Panther Learning Lab on the second floor in the E Building (Room E-217). View additional tutorial services on the PASS website!
You may also contact the Academic Support Specialists at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the phone numbers listed below for further assistance:
Carlos Aguilar: (831) 755- 6801
Lisa Fischler: (831) 755-6823
Carla Gonzalez: (831) 755-6815
Joanna Ledesma: (831) 755-6813