Cooperative Agencies Resource for Education (CARE) is designed to assist students who are recipients of CalWORKs and are single heads of household with children or dependents under 14 years old. The goal is to transition students from welfare to work by completing college-level educational training programs, and therefore, become more employable and economically self-sufficient. As part of EOPS, CARE provides support for educationally and economically disadvantaged single parents in school to succeed educationally and in career goals.
- Be eligible for EOPS
- Be enrolled in at least 9 or more units
- Be 18 years or older and a single parent with a child or dependent under 14 years old
- Receive CalWORKs
What are CARE Services?
We tailor services to CARE students, understanding you have different needs as a single parent and college student. We understand there may be many reasons holding you back from completing a college education. Our goal is to give you an opportunity to overcome some of these obstacles and to help make a college education accessible.
As a CARE student, you can receive the following benefits:
- EOPS services
- Cafeteria Meal Voucher
- Bus Pass (Single zone for Salinas residents, All zone for residents outside Salinas)
- Hartnell Student Parking Permit
- Individual and group counseling
- Child Care Grants (if funding is available)
- Referrals to campus and community programs
- Student success workshops
For more information please call: (831) 755-6860