Welcome to the High School Equivalency Program (HEP) website!
(Para traducir esta pagina a español, oprima el simbolo del Globo/Planeta) en el menu principal)
Due to the health emergency caused by the COVID 19 (Coronavirus), beginning March 25, 2020 and until further notice, our classes, counseling, tutoring and offices will be switching to online and phone (when possible). You can access your class or tutoring online via your phone or personal computer beginning March 25, 2020 at the same time your class/tutorial meets. The link will be available HERE. Your Instructors will also be sending you a link to your phone via text message. If you do not have access to internet service, we will also include a phone number you can call to participate in class as well as materials you can utilize to study at home. For counseling appointments, your HEP counselor will send you an email/text with the link to your online/phone appointment. To schedule appointments or for questions, please email/text us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Welcome to the webpage for the High School Equivalency Program at Hartnell College
HEP is funded by the US Department of Education Office of Migrant Education. HEP is a migrant education program designed to assist migrant and seasonal farm workers obtain their high school equivalency (HSE) and either employment, military service, apprenticeship, Certificate of Skills Acquisition, Certificate of Achievement, or Associates Degree.
The services provided by Hartnell College HEP are:
Los servicios proveídos por HEP en el colegio Hartnell son los siguientes:
- Diagnostic and placement assessment (HSE Pre-tests)
- Module delivered HSE curriculum taught by Hartnell College HEP Instructor
- Supplemental academic support provided by Hartnell Academic Learning Labs, HEP tutors and Supplemental Instruction Leaders
- Academic Advising services with a bilingual Counselor for college, job placement or other placement.
- Health Services (medical, dental & vision) to eliminate barriers to education
- Provide information and assistance with programs and services such as: EOPS/CARE,
DSP&S, Financial Aid, WIC, WIA, Cal WORKS, transportation assistance, and childcare.