All TRIO students must follow our Student Responsibility Contract to participate in the program.
- Academic Counseling: Three counselor contacts are required for each semester.
- Orientation: Attend a one time, mandatory new student orientation.
- Education Plan: Complete and maintain a comprehensive educational plan.
- Priority Registration: For each semester, TRIO students are given early priority registration dates to register for classes.
- New Students: New students must be full time (12 or more units).
- Academic Progress: TRIO students are expected to maintain a grade point average of “C” (2.0) or better.
Students who do not meet the responsibilities every semester will be withdrawn from the program.
Once a student completes 70 degree applicable units or 6 consecutive semesters, they are no longer eligible for TRiO services.
High Unit Majors: Students will continue in the program beyond 70 units when their majors are STEM or High Unit Majors. Examples: RN= 128.25 units; Engineering Technology=108 units;and Engineering=98 units
Tips to Remain in Good Standing with TRIO:
- Take advantage of any Student Services available on campus
- Meet with your TRIO counselor at least three times per semester
- Attend the mandatory TUTORIAL sessions with the TRIO tutors.
- Let TRIO counselors know if there are any changes in your academic schedule.
- Contact TRIO staff when you have personal challenges.
- Notify TRIO staff of address or phone number changes.
- Attend all workshops and the required TRIO activities (mixers).
We will work with you - Our goal is to make a college education accessible to students!