The Hartnell Community College District has closed all of its campuses to the public in compliance with state and county shelter-in-place orders. All instruction for the Summer 2020 semester is online, and we plan to continue online instruction through the Fall 2020 semester as well. Except for a limited number of specified employees, all staff and faculty are working remotely or awaiting further off-campus assignment. Campus safety and security patrols continue 24/7.
The college is closely monitoring the public health situation involving COVID-19. Two confirmed cases have been reported among Hartnell employees working on campus, but testing of fellow employees has not found any sign of additional infection.
We strongly encourage everyone to follow recommended precautions to minimize the risk of contagious infection (see Individual Health Precautions, below), including use of face coverings when out in public and adherence to social distancing – maintaining at least six feet of distance from other individuals in workplaces and public places.
We are providing the latest available about college instruction and operations to both our college community and the greater community. We continue to evaluate and respond to this evolving situation, with the health and safety of our students, employees and visitors being always our first priority.
Individual Health Precautions
- Wash your hands often or use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, even inside your home. If possible, maintain 6 feet between the person who is sick and other household members. Put at least 6 feet distance between yourself and other people outside of your home.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others, including while visiting the grocery store or in other locations to pick up necessities. This protects other people in case you are infected.
- If you are around others and do not have on your cloth face covering, remember to always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow and do not spit. Immediately wash or sanitize your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touches surfaces daily.
- Monitor your health. Be alert for symptoms of COVID-19 such as fever, cough and shortness of breath. Follow CDC guidance if symptoms develop.