The District Safety Committee addresses District concerns related to risk management and employee health and safety, and ensures that the District maintains a Safety Program that includes processes and procedures that:
- Promote safe conditions in all District offices, classrooms, meetings spaces, and other facilities.
- Remove obstructions to the safety and security of all personnel and of all District facilities.
- Periodically review and update the District's Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) and Hazardous Materials Communication Plan (HMCP).
- Coordinate with the District's Incident Command System emergency preparedness team.
- Facilitate SWACC Property and Liability Inspection Reporting.
All employees and students are invited to attend committee meetings to report and discuss their safety concerns. Employees also may report concerns by e-mailing a message to: email@example.com
- Board policies and administrative procedures on safety can be found here:
BP 3500 Campus Safety
AP 3500 Campus Safety
BP 3510 Workplace Violence
AP 3510 Workplace Violence
BP 3515 Reporting of Crimes
AP 3515 Reporting of Crimes
BP 3540 Sexual and Other Assaults on Campus
AP 3540 Sexual and Other Assaults on Campus
BP 6800 Occupational Safety
AP 6800 Occupational Safety
- Follow this link to learn about Hartnell's campus safety and security services.
- Please watch this 6-minute video from the FBI's Critical Incidents Response Group
on surviving an Active Shooter Event called "Run, Hide, Fight"
- Be prepared to help evacuate students or employees needing a Stryker chair. Watch the video.