The District Safety Committee addresses District concerns related to risk management and employee health and safety, and ensures that the District maintains a Safety Program that includes processes and procedures that:
- Promote safe conditions in all District offices, classrooms, meetings spaces, and other facilities.
- Remove obstructions to the safety and security of all personnel and of all District facilities.
- Periodically review and update the District's Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) and Hazardous Materials Communication Plan (HMCP).
- Coordinate with the District's Incident Command System emergency preparedness team.
- Facilitate SWACC Property and Liability Inspection Reporting.
All employees and students are invited to attend committee meetings to report and discuss their safety concerns. Employees also may report concerns by e-mailing a message to: email@example.com
- Board policies and administrative procedures on safety can be found here:
Follow this link to learn about Hartnell's campus safety and security services.
Please watch this 6-minute video from the FBI's Critical Incidents Response Group
on surviving an Active Shooter Event called
"Run, Hide, Fight"
- Be prepared to help evacuate students or employees needing a Stryker chair. Watch the video.