Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act
Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund - CFDA No. 84.425E
Student Aid Portion for Hartnell College - Total Award $12,085,900
1. Hartnell Community College District has signed and returned to the U.S. Department Education (ED) the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
2. Hartnell Community College District will receive $12,085,900 from the ED pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
3. The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of 5/28/2021 is $2,951,500.
4. The estimated total number of students eligible to participate in the program under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) was 2,600.
5. As of 5/28/2021, 5,903 students have received an emergency grant Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
6. Hartnell College utilized the following methods to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
a. The 2019-2020 and the 2020-2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) was used to determine eligibility for students enrolled for students demonstrating high need as well as an Emergency Grant Application. The grant award was $500 for eligible students.
b. Students enrolled in Fall 2020 and/or Spring 2021 with a COVID-19 related financial hardship can apply for emergency grant assistance by completing a CARES Act Grant Application. The Grant award is $500 for eligible students.
7. Students enrolled in Spring 2021 who are experiencing financial hardships due to the COVID-19 pandemic can submit a CARES Act Grant Application. Students must be currently enrolled in a minimum of 3 units during the Spring 2021 semester. Awarded students will receive an award notification via their Hartnell email.