Members of the College community are acutely aware that the victim of a sexual assault may be physically and emotionally traumatized by an attack and each occurrence requires prompt and immediate attention. Sexual assaults will not be tolerated and each incident will be investigated with appropriate disciplinary, criminal, or legal action with the consent from the victim.
If you are a victim of a sexual assault, please do the following:
- Go to a safe place as soon as you can.
- Try to preserve all physical evidence. Do not wash, use the toilet, or change clothing if you can avoid it. If you change clothes, put all clothing you were wearing at the time of the attack in a paper, not plastic, bag.
- Contact the Salinas Police Department as soon as possible by calling 9-1-1 for an emergency. Campus Safety members will assist you in notifying the appropriate law enforcement agency.
- Get medical attention.
- Talk with Crisis Counseling at 770-7019. Campus Safety personnel will assist you in contacting a trained professional whether you want to pursue legal action or not. Victims have the right to have an advocate and support person present at the hospital for examination.
- Contact someone you trust.