The purpose of the library’s presence on social media is to engage the community and build relationships in support of the library’s mission statement:
- Encourage knowledge creation across a range of platforms
- Support library service area outcomes
- Integrate print and electronic resources
- Teach information literacy skills
- Provide equitable access to resources
Library Mission Statement:
Hartnell College Library supports the College mission by promoting learning, achievement, and success through its student-centered services, collections, and equitable access to resources, to help students reach their academic, career and personal goals.
To achieve our goals, we will...
- Share images from library’s collections that relate to current events
- Share flyers for library events
- Link to academic resources
- Promote library services including digital tools
- Share pictures of students using the library
- Share pictures of librarians and staff working in the library
- Create photo contests for students
- Share archival photos of students
How will we do this?
- Student Services Librarian will moderate social media sites and will delegate responsibility when appropriate
- Posts will be made on a regular basis
- Copyright law will be adhered to and content not belonging to the library will be correctly cited
- We will obtain verbal permission before posting pictures of Hartnell students
- We will not post identifiable pictures of minors
We are committed to following rules of ethical online behavior and ask that you do the same. We will not post…
- Items or comments that are obscene, racist, or derogatory
- Personal attacks, insults, or threatening language
- Potentially libelous statements
- Plagiarized or copyrighted material
- Commercial promotions or spam
Comments which are not aligned with ethical online behavior will be removed.