Not sure if you're ready for online learning? Click to enroll yourself in the online, self-paced Quest for Success Canvas course! You can use this course for support resources like NetTutor for free online tutoring! To enroll, you'll need to use your Canvas credentials (see below). If you just want a quick guide instead, check out the Student Quick-Start Guide to Canvas. You can also view the "Introduction to Canvas" overview video below, or check out the FAQs & troubleshooting steps for additional support, or access in-person or phone support through the Panther Learning Lab.
Log in Help
Your Canvas log in is DIFFERENT than your PAWS log in! To log in to your Canvas courses, follow the steps below:
1. Go to hartnell.instructure.com
2. Use the following credentials to log in:
Username: [Student ID #]
Password: [8-digit date of birth]
Example: 01011990 (if your birthday is January 1st, 1990)
3. Click "Log in"
That's it! You should now see all of your Canvas courses.
Still can't log in? Scroll down to the bottom of this page for more advanced troubleshooting steps.
Introduction to Canvas Video
If you still can't log in or can't see your courses, try double checking the following:
- Make sure you've been fully registered (NOT waitlisted) in PAWS and allow until the end of the work day (M-F, 8 am to 5 pm) for your account to be ready. Example: If you registered at 8 am on Saturday, you will not be able to log in until Monday (by 5 pm at the latest).
- Make sure your class has officially started! Sometimes your instructor will be able to make your course material available early, but usually it won't be available until the official first day of class.
- If you can see your course in Canvas but can't go into your course yet, your instructor may not have published (opened) your course. Please email your instructor to see when s/he will publish your course.
- Your course may not show up in your Dashboard if you have several Canvas classes! To make sure it shows up in your Dashboard for easy access, go to "Courses" then click "All Courses". You can then click the star icon next to any course you want to show up in your Dashboard, or you can go directly into the course by clicking its title.
- If you've been fully registered in PAWS for more than 2 business days and you still don't see your course, it may be too early! Courses are created in Canvas approximately 2 weeks prior to the start of the semester, so don't fret if you don't see your courses yet.
- You may have forgotten your password. To reset your password, click "Forgot Password" at hartnell.instructure.com, and it will go to your Hartnell Student Gmail account (view instructions for accessing your student Gmail account).
- Learn more about the basic computer requirements for using Canvas or Zoom requirements.
For more support with Canvas, visit our Academic Support Online FAQ. You can also complete the Student PASS Help or Password Reset form. One of our staff members will get back to you. If you would like tutoring for your class, check our updated Online Panther Learning Lab schedule.