Hartnell College INTERIM SUPERINTENDENT/PRESIDENT SEARCH
The Hartnell Community College District Governing Board seeks an experienced and energetic educator with a record of strong leadership and accomplishment to assist the District during a period of leadership transition. The interim superintendent/president will work closely with the senior administrators and institutional leaders to continue the College on its path of successfully addressing the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic and preparation for the fall semester.
We encourage applications and nominations by June 29, 2020. Review and acceptance of applications will continue until the identification of an interim superintendent/president by the Governing Board. The interim superintendent/president’s primary responsibilities will be to provide effective interim leadership and efficiently execute the College mission and strategic plan, consistent with board policies and State and federal laws.
The Position Responsibilities
- Provides leadership for the College as a whole during a period of leadership transition and support administration to perform assigned duties.
- Provides administrative direction in the continuation of implementation of College policies and procedures.
- Develops and maintains channels of communication with College and community members.
- Ensures that participatory governance is effectively utilized to facilitate campus-wide involvement in decision-making.
- Advises the Board on matters related to district planning, policies, and operations as they affect the College during this period of leadership transition.
- Assures compliance of College and district policies, State and federal laws and regulations, and requirements of accrediting agencies.
- Serves as an advocate of the College and articulates the mission, vision, and values of the College and the California community colleges locally, statewide, and nationally.
The interim superintendent/president will work closely with the leadership team to:
- Continue the College commitment to student success through participatory governance and the inclusion of all constituency groups in decision-making;
- Model superb communication and interpersonal skills and possess a collaborative leadership style that fosters an inclusive and effective campus culture;
- Be a highly visible and responsive advocate of the College and partner to the local business and industry;
- Be a strong advocate of the College at the local, State, and national levels;
- Understand and support student success strategies that result in equitable outcomes for all students; and,
- Assure the financial stability of the College.
The successful interim superintendent/president will:
- Have extensive experience leading a diverse community college district and providing stability to a rural community by providing stability and continuity during a period of leadership transition.
- Have experience working with an elected governing board.
- Practice participatory governance, collaboration, and collegiality and make decisions in a transparent manner.
- Possess superb knowledge and skills related to fiscal management of a community college system and the ability to acquire new resources.
- Be visible, approachable, and accessible on campus and in the community.
- Model high standards of performance, honesty, integrity, caring, and compassion.
- Establish a trusting and respectful working relationship with the Board of Trustees and its members.
- A master’s degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- A minimum of five years of senior-level leadership and management experience, CEO or presidential experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with people of diverse racial, ethnic, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and socioeconomic backgrounds to achieve desired outcomes.
TO APPLY FOR THIS INTERIM POSITION, PLEASE FORWARD A LETTER OF INTEREST, RESUME, AND LIST OF REFERENCES TO email@example.com